Author Topic: Feeler - Getting Out A Car Lease  (Read 735 times)

newrideEra

Feeler - Getting Out A Car Lease
« on: Aug 16, 20, 15:42 »
Does anyone here have experience not being in a lease anymore? im possibly not wanting it anymore. Have had since 2019 ... just curious the steps the are needed?
Car is a 2019 vw gti on lease. wondering what steps would have to happen to not have it anymore.

BlueVR

Re: Feeler - Getting Out A Car Lease
« Reply #1 on: Aug 16, 20, 23:16 »
Find someone to take over the lease or you can return it BUT! Returning might cost you some $$$$$$. They will look how much is owed on the car and look at what black book value is and you will have to pay the difference, so its best to find someone to take over the lease.
2015 SQ5, 2018 S5 Sportback

newrideEra

« Reply #2 on: Aug 17, 20, 01:36 »
^^^^That is what I would like to do(give the lease to someone else) ...I just dont the steps for that to happen as this is my first time
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 20, 01:37 by newrideEra »

BlueVR

« Reply #3 on: Aug 17, 20, 06:48 »
Post the lease details on Craigslist, Facebook, etc.

-monthly payments
-km allowed
-how many months left
-buy out at the end

Once you find the person who wants to take it over, let the dealership know and they will do credit check. Once the person is approved than go to the dealer to do the transfer. There is a transfer fee which can vary from dealerships. (Can be low as $600 or high as $2000)
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 20, 06:52 by BlueVR »
2015 SQ5, 2018 S5 Sportback

newrideEra

« Reply #4 on: Aug 17, 20, 17:12 »
Post the lease details on Craigslist, Facebook, etc.

-monthly payments
-km allowed
-how many months left
-buy out at the end

Once you find the person who wants to take it over, let the dealership know and they will do credit check. Once the person is approved than go to the dealer to do the transfer. There is a transfer fee which can vary from dealerships. (Can be low as $600 or high as $2000)

Kk :thumbup: thxs :thumbup: