Author Topic: Dam Cellular Phones  (Read 9468 times)

nature boy

Re: Dam Cellular Phones
« Reply #20 on: Nov 03, 16, 10:51 »
i never heard of public mobile, but after browsing their site a bit (and hearing that their coverage is as good as telus'), i might switch over.  too bad i still have 1.5 years left of the 2 year contract to get my wife an iphone 6s (i priced it out, i actually save over $200 by going contract vs buying outright... 6s ends up to be cheaper than the SE).

killerb09

« Reply #21 on: Nov 03, 16, 11:52 »
so.....
I just bought a "Samsung Galaxy S5 unlocked" on amazon for $15 shipped....

I'm curious to know what type of soap it's made of what it arrives, or maybe chocolate?,......lol

Either that or maybe it's one of those fake display phones that are just plastic.....hhahahah

Jeremy Sawatzky #2

• Hodor
« Reply #22 on: Nov 09, 16, 12:50 »
My S7 edge is the best phone I have owned in a long time. Fantastic battery life, looks cool and it does phone stuff.
2005 BMW 325i, 2016 Mazda CX5, 2014 KTM 1190 Adventure, 2006 Yamaha FZ6

killerb09

« Reply #23 on: Nov 09, 16, 13:01 »
I have an S7 with a new corporate voice/data plan giving me 6g of data and unlimited nation wide calling. 

It was worth the cost to buy out the old phone.

AirCooledRules

• Salmon S3X Pink Metallic
« Reply #24 on: Nov 09, 16, 13:58 »
I was a Fido customer since i got my very first cell phone 12ish years ago and 5 years ago after being frustrated with them i went to Bell. I signed a 3 year contract with bell and then when it was up i signed a 2 year without doing any research into their competition.

My contract was to expire at the end of October and this time around, i decided to shop around. I stopped in at Telus and they offered me $800 Credit for 2 lines ( me and my GF ) if i switched over.

I thought that was awesome, so i went to each player and was offered similar credits with most.

I went to Bell and told them i was with someone else and they also offered me something similar to switch over.

I thought that i would take all this information and go to Bell and see what they would offer me to stay as i was a pretty happy customer for the last 5 years, no major issues and i was blown away that they couldnt even come close, they would offer me lots of cash to come over not barely anything to stay.

so i went over to Telus got my $600 bill credits for 2 lines, $200 credit for the phones and walked out with 2 Iphones and paid $70.

so basically what you have to do is every 2 years you have to switch to a different provider, collect your credits, 23 months later, start shopping around and switch over again.

its stupid.

Pro Tip : the telus account i set up is a business account, but when i asked what info they needed to set up a business account, the answer was " just a business name"

so go make up a business name and get your " business account "
Kiełbasa > Kolbasz

Schmiesus

• Administrator
    • Dubberz
« Reply #25 on: Nov 10, 16, 08:37 »
I have a business account too. It can be a pain in the ass trying to get them to fix shit but the deals are definitely better.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Jeremy Sawatzky #2

• Hodor
« Reply #26 on: Nov 15, 16, 08:53 »
Tell me what you guys think of the prices on my plan,

Business account shared between me and my wife

7gb data shared
unlimited everything in canada
all the usual features, caller id, voicemail etc
bill totals about 150-160 a month
2005 BMW 325i, 2016 Mazda CX5, 2014 KTM 1190 Adventure, 2006 Yamaha FZ6

AirCooledRules

« Reply #27 on: Nov 15, 16, 09:29 »
Sounds good. 
Kiełbasa > Kolbasz

Autohau5

• Gasoline rainbow in the gutter
« Reply #28 on: Nov 15, 16, 10:05 »
Lawd jebus $150+ a month? #blessed for my grandfathered unlimited plan. I just have to stick with bell forever.
'81 Rabbit S 16VG60   |  '15 Touareg TDI R-Line   |   '96 YZF750R

AirCooledRules

« Reply #29 on: Nov 15, 16, 10:45 »
That's for 2 people Dallas.
Kiełbasa > Kolbasz

Autohau5

• Gasoline rainbow in the gutter
« Reply #30 on: Nov 15, 16, 12:06 »
That's for 2 people Dallas.

I know. I still think that's high for a capped data plan.
'81 Rabbit S 16VG60   |  '15 Touareg TDI R-Line   |   '96 YZF750R

83RedRoc

« Reply #31 on: Nov 15, 16, 13:19 »
Jeremy my plan through Bell was

6gb of data
unlimited talk  within canada
unlimited text/picture/sms
voicemail/caller ID the usual bs.

it was $100.00/mo  So for two lines but not much more data... meh.   If you aren't on a loyalty plan i'd suggest getting them to put you on it.   

But update to the Public Mobile thing, couldn't be happier.   40/10 for speeds which isn't as fast as it was with Bell but its still faster than it really needs to be.   Coverage has been great, no dropped calls, or unable to get data.  Actually I get better service at home as Bell has some sort of black hole in Delta and all of this for 3 months was the same as Bell for 1 month.  I did have to pay $10 to have my G4 unlocked.

killerb09

« Reply #32 on: Nov 15, 16, 13:24 »
6gb shared, 1 line unlimited nation wide, 1 line 300 local mins with after 6 free, 2 new phone (S7/6S) with the usual voicemail, call display, etc.
Total plan is $137+tax
If I upped the second plan to unlimited nation wide calling it would cost an additional $10

That's my GOC corporate plan though.

killerb09

« Reply #33 on: Nov 15, 16, 13:26 »
Jeremy my plan through Bell was

6gb of data
unlimited talk  within canada
unlimited text/picture/sms
voicemail/caller ID the usual bs.

it was $100.00/mo  So for two lines but not much more data... meh.   If you aren't on a loyalty plan i'd suggest getting them to put you on it.   

But update to the Public Mobile thing, couldn't be happier.   40/10 for speeds which isn't as fast as it was with Bell but its still faster than it really needs to be.   Coverage has been great, no dropped calls, or unable to get data.  Actually I get better service at home as Bell has some sort of black hole in Delta and all of this for 3 months was the same as Bell for 1 month.  I did have to pay $10 to have my G4 unlocked.

Public Mobile is owned by Telus, Bell operates as a third party on Telus owned towers which is likely why you get shitty coverage here with Bell

Schmiesus

• Administrator
    • Dubberz
« Reply #34 on: Nov 24, 16, 07:19 »

That's really interesting. I thought that Bellus shared towers in the west. So I would have thought that you would get the same coverage.

On the same note my newer fridge in my house seems to have created it's own black hole......might be the stove too....either way its frustrating.

Qogu

« Reply #35 on: Nov 24, 16, 11:25 »
I've had iPhones pretty much since the iPhone 3. I have had about 4 iPhones 3 factory unlocked and 1 on contract. About 6 months ago I switched over to Samsung note 4 since haven't had a android in forever. Absolutely hate it, I think I'm getting there but most people say it's user friendly. I'm no person to be user friendly... The battery is recently going went to bell, they couldn't do anything about it and wouldn't ship a new one at all. I have to either buy from Samsung, Amazon or find a battery through the web. Not my cup of tea for sure, iPhone was always good to me especially when they have there apple stores local so I can talk one on one with costumer service. Not a lot of good things to say about Samsung in my experience.

83RedRoc

« Reply #36 on: Nov 24, 16, 13:20 »
You wanted bell to fix a Samsung phone that is 2 years old?  You'd get your warranty through Samsung, and you can buy a new battery at 100's of places?  It takes a whopping couple seconds to pop the back off...

I agree I don't like touchwiz ( samsungs android skin ) but I'm not sure whats not user friendly about it to you, but I mean everyone's different.  I prefer stock Android, or LG's skin.

Schmiesus

• Administrator
    • Dubberz
« Reply #37 on: Nov 24, 16, 13:25 »
LG G5 or V20 ftw