Machine shop for TDI short block

Started by bradey bunch, Sep 29, 22, 11:25

Previous topic - Next topic

bradey bunch

As title states, I'm looking for a local machine shop to machine and balance my short block.

Alec's says they're currently only taking heads, another shop I called said they're closed to the public and only serving existing accounts. And the 2 uni select shops I had previously used are now closed. Even called northwest connecting rod in WA but it looks like he's retired.

Anyone have any recent recommendations?

Thanks

g60syncro

Mustang Machine didn't dick me around and gave me honest advice rather than taking my money. I'll give them a plus for that category, though I can't speak to their quality cause I've never seen it. They have there a good deal of time, so that's saying something.
No time for the old in/out love. I've just come to read the metre.

bradey bunch

Thanks. Can't find mustang machine on Google, any contact info? So far looks like I'm going to Magnem in Burnaby.

g60syncro

Quote from: bradey bunch on Oct 12, 22, 18:44Thanks. Can't find mustang machine on Google, any contact info? So far looks like I'm going to Magnem in Burnaby.

Oops. Well funnily enough I meant Magnem. Not sure why I thought Mustang. Might have had a few...
No time for the old in/out love. I've just come to read the metre.

Parts

No such thing as spare time, no such thing as free time, no such thing as down time. All you got is life time.
Go.

dutchOven

I'm a little late for the party, but I've used Magnem in the past. They do good work ... or did about 7 years ago.

Flywheel and Cylinder Heads for my 2000 Impreza ... 7 1/2 years and 110,000kms so far. No issues.

I had one problem with them but they did their share in sorting the problem. Just make sure they did the work they said they were going to do, make sure it's clean, and wrapped like this.

I eat people.

bradey bunch

Cool thanks dudes. I kinda figured you might have meant magnem.

I'll be double checking all the work for sure, just as a matter of course.