Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption II  (Read 1610 times)

Parts

• My lawn. You. Off it.
  • Professional driver, closed course. Do not attempt
Red Dead Redemption II
« on: Oct 26, 18, 08:15 »
Who's got it?
I picked mine up from EB Games last night. Got home, pulled up the big chair, fired it up........... not enough storage in my PS4.
No problem. Delete a few games I don't play much (Fallout New Vegas, Crash Bandicoot, Uncharted) and I'm ready to go.

Fuuuuuuuck.  2 hours to go!

So I went to bed while it loaded. Had to go pee at about 1.00. Checked, and it was finished. Set up the brightness.... Load screen,    Boom!
The front page where all I have to do I push X to start my adventure.
I pause. I consider just diving in, but my inner adult convinced me to go back to bed, knowing that once I started, I'd be there for hours.

I cannot wait to get home. Trying to think of how to get kicked out for the day.
No such thing as spare time, no such thing as free time, no such thing as down time. All you got is life time.
Go.

Autohau5

• Gasoline rainbow in the gutter
Re: Red Dead Redemption II
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 18, 08:23 »
I'll call in a bomb threat. You can transfer funds to my PayPal.
'01 A6 2.7TT 6MT  |  '81 Rabbit S 16VG60   |  '15 Touareg TDI R-Line   |   '96 YZF750R

Parts

• My lawn. You. Off it.
« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 18, 08:28 »
I'll call in a bomb threat.

These days, that could work.

PS. You're on a list now.
No such thing as spare time, no such thing as free time, no such thing as down time. All you got is life time.
Go.

The Producer

« Reply #3 on: Oct 26, 18, 09:39 »
downloaded - ready to play when i get home. I've watched a couple of reviews, but resisting watching any gameplay.

RDR was hands down my most enjoyable video game experience. I played it through multiple times. I can't wait for this.

Parts

• My lawn. You. Off it.
« Reply #4 on: Oct 26, 18, 11:24 »
I will always regret that I never got to hear to cool music as you cross into Mexico. Apparently, if you don't just ride across, the music doesn't play. I must've gotten off my horse or something. Everybody always says that was their favourite part, and I feel I missed out.  :(
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 18, 11:25 by Parts »
Go.

The Producer

« Reply #5 on: Oct 26, 18, 12:16 »
dude - it's worth playing it again just for that. - and on xbox anyway, the port to xbone was really good ( and free w the original game disc)

at least watch the youtubes of it.

Parts

• My lawn. You. Off it.
« Reply #6 on: Oct 29, 18, 10:22 »
Well, after playing way more than the Ol' Lady was happy with this weekend, I gotta say, the game's pretty cool.
So much to explore. Still getting used to the controls. I keep punching my horse, and she's getting pissed. I named her Sarah Jessica, because Sarah Jessica Parker wouldn't fit.
Go.

The Producer

« Reply #7 on: Oct 29, 18, 10:37 »
^^ lol

I played for a bit.

props to microsoft - they let me upgrade to the RDR2 bundle which I didn't see until after I bought the game. I've been looking to upgrade to an X anyways for 4k play. I'm going to stop playing the game now until the new hardware comes this week. Ended up with FH4 as well this way.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/xbox-one-red-dead-redemption-2/8SHF2KS901M0?icid=Cat-Sale-RDR2_Hero1_102618_CA&activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

This will probably be moot by black friday, but I'll be in good shape for just cause 4, and the copy of shadow of the tomb raider sitting on my shelf.

SR-71

• Top post score!
« Reply #8 on: Oct 29, 18, 11:10 »
It's gotta be the slowest game ever.
I have committed too many crimes and I cannot pay off my bounties :(

The best thing in this game is riding your horse full-tilt into a tree.
DAS. Expect nothing.

Parts

• My lawn. You. Off it.
« Reply #9 on: Oct 29, 18, 11:29 »
Fer sure it's hard to ditch that GTA attitude, where the consequences are gone so soon. I'm trying to be good, but it ain't easy pardner.
Go.

The Producer

« Reply #10 on: Oct 29, 18, 12:04 »
i think you can turn yourself in to a law man (do a crime, look for the prompt to surrender) and if you have no money than the bounty will be released.

might let you at least restart that aspect.

i'm playing it as clean as I can ATM and paying off bountys pretty fast. once the fence opens up at emerald farms you can make pretty quick money just looting everybody you kill and selling the jewelry.

SR-71

• Top post score!
« Reply #11 on: Oct 29, 18, 17:03 »
Fer sure it's hard to ditch that GTA attitude, where the consequences are gone so soon. I'm trying to be good, but it ain't easy pardner.

Agreed but when you ride out to a very remote area and hog tie a random person to throw them into the river; the game spawns 2 NPCs that instantly snitch on you to the cops who just happen to be nearby.
DAS. Expect nothing.

Parts

• My lawn. You. Off it.
« Reply #12 on: Nov 13, 18, 13:52 »
God Damn is it ever easy to lose hours of my life in one sitting. The Ol' Lady refers to herself as a Red Dead Widow.
So many new things just keep popping up. It's hard to just make a run into town and back 'cause there's always something distracting going on.
Yesterday I came across a group of hooded "KKK" style fellas.  Too many to take out with my carbine, so I threw a dynamite stick into the crowd to thin 'em out.
Fuck those guys.

What a game.
Go.

Parts

• My lawn. You. Off it.
« Reply #13 on: Nov 15, 18, 08:48 »
So I've got the Ol' Lady playing now. She's at home healing a broken leg anyways, so what better way to burn off some time?
Although, it's painful watching her play. Not being a gamer, the controller is a challenge for her. After jumping off the train dozens of times, she's figured out how to jump on top of the train. It's a slow progression.
After 2 days, she's still in the snow, but having a great time.
Go.

SR-71

• Top post score!
« Reply #14 on: Nov 15, 18, 13:34 »
Yesterday I came across a group of hooded "KKK" style fellas. 

Where did you find this? Tryna join their group.
DAS. Expect nothing.

Parts

• My lawn. You. Off it.
« Reply #15 on: Nov 15, 18, 14:35 »
Where did you find this? Tryna join their group.

Lol!
They seem to congregate at night. You can see their flame in their camp like with others, but their flame is huge. Ran into them again later. There was the Grand Wizard and 2 Klansmen trying to erect a cross. The cross falls and kills the 2 Klansmen, and the Wizard is all "Oh man. Lost another two guys."  So I snuck up and slit his throat.

Great game.
Go.

Qogu

« Reply #16 on: Nov 15, 18, 18:16 »
By far the best game I've played in a while. I bought the $15 horse... I hope no one else made that mistake.

Parts

• My lawn. You. Off it.
« Reply #17 on: Nov 16, 18, 07:57 »
I seem to have misplaced my Warhorse that I got for per-ordering the game.  I wanted to try some others, and I swear I put her in a stable, but I've gone back to all the stables and she's not there man.
Oh Sarah Jessica, what's become of you? It's my hope that someday we just bump into each other out in the world, and have a nice happy reunion. Until then, I have to do my best to take care of my other 2 horses, Bitch Please, and Bitch Pudding. (Spelled B][tch, because Heaven forbid we swear in the game. :stupid:)
Go.

Qogu

« Reply #18 on: Nov 16, 18, 14:23 »
I had gone into valentines motel had the horse out front, next morning the horse was in port Wallace. So I'm not sure if other ai's in the game can steal your horse and abandon them? But was able to retrieve him though. Maybe accidentally sold him and didnt realise it?

Parts

• My lawn. You. Off it.
« Reply #19 on: Nov 19, 18, 13:25 »
Hi Mister!
Go.