Author Topic: Stolen 2002 S6 - please keep an eye out in Tri-Cities and Surrey  (Read 3027 times)

mithril

• Testers
Hey all, can you please keep an eye out for a 2002 Audi S6 Avant with plate 676 LXR or someone selling S6/A6 parts?  My car was parked outside VM at Rosser and Dawson waiting for a power steering rack (Kapa at Stop-Stop doing the work) and was stolen on Jan 3 between 16:00 and 17:00.  The theft was caught on VMís surveillance cameras and Kris will be providing the surveillance coverage to the RCMP.  Car was last seen driving east on Juneau heading towards Willingdon.

Itís a standard C5 S6, no modifications other than swapping in the paddle shift wheel from a B6 S4 and upgraded projectors in clear cornered lights.  Silver on silver nappa leather with alacantara inserts.  Currently wearing the stock S6 Avus wheels with Nokian WR G3's.
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 18, 20:13 by mithril »
Dear Lord. If we give you Justine Bieber and Miley Cyrus, would you consider sending us back Dimebag Darrell?

AirCooledRules

• Salmon S3X Pink Metallic
Not sure why you waited 8 days to post this but I'd say st this point it's probably sitting parked somewhere waiting to be found.

There's nothing on that car that's "hot" to resell.  Anytime I buy a C5 it sits there complete, not a good "parts car"
Kiełbasa > Kolbasz

mithril

• Testers
I only discovered it was stolen today.  Dropped the car with Kapa on the morning of Dec 29th, diagnosed with a dead power steering rack the same day.  Almost impossible to source a rack quickly, but it wasn't drivable either (well, not without risking a total rack failure or PS pump grenade) so it was left with him while we both looked for parts.  Because he didn't have room to storage in his shop or in front of the doors he moved it next to VM at Juneau and Rosser on the 29th.  Then he went on vacation and apparently didn't tell the other guy to check on the car while he was away.

I discovered it was missing today when I went there thinking I'd left my passport in the glovebox (thankfully I hadn't) only to discover that it was not where I knew Kapa had parked it.  Kris and I had been joking last week that it was pretty secure since he could watch it all day on their surveillance cameras.  I spent this afternoon confirming that the City of Burnaby hadn't towed it, Kris and Wally watched through security footage until they confirmed douchebag stealing it.

Hence it took 8 bloody days to discover and report :mad:

I agree that it's not a hot parts car and it's just sitting somewhere.  Only question is how much damage when found....
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 18, 00:23 by mithril »
Dear Lord. If we give you Justine Bieber and Miley Cyrus, would you consider sending us back Dimebag Darrell?

AirCooledRules

Oh crap, yeah that's a shitty situation.

On the bright side, maybe the power steering rack developed a leak when it was stolen lol
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 18, 19:59 by AirCooledRules »
Kiełbasa > Kolbasz

mithril

• Testers
It was pissing fluid before, not going try and claim that with ICBC.  My brand new old stock RS6 rack is scheduled for delivery in Blaine tomorrow.... was looking forward to seeing what the difference in rack ratios felt like.  I'm actually hopeful that the rack died all together and they basically had to dump the car quickly because it was undriveable.  The rack was fighting me badly on left turns when I was driving it in to Kapa on the 29th.

germanstyle

• Global Moderator
  • Wheel Whore
Sorry to hear Geoff, I'll keep my eyes peeled for it.  Not worth much to the guy who stole it, but it's worth plenty to you because you enjoy it.  Hope you get it back and can get the new RS4 rack in there.
Toyota 4runner, Ram 3500

Autohau5

• Gasoline rainbow in the gutter
Doesnít it have an immobilizer? My 01 a6 2.7tt does.
'01 A6 2.7TT 6MT  |  '81 Rabbit S 16VG60   |  '15 Touareg TDI R-Line   |    '04 Touareg V10 TDI    |   '96 YZF750R

mithril

• Testers
Thanks Mike!  And yes it has an immobilizer, I have no idea how dude got around it.

aba16v

Rough deal on the car :(  Very rare and solid example.  Buddy of mine got broken into recently too, they stole 3 cars, ~20K in keys etc over the weekend.

Plenty of tools on the market to turn off immobilizers, for just about every make and model of car,  turn them off almost everyday for tuning swaps.
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 18, 21:37 by aba16v »

ckone

shit deal sir - sorry it happened Will keep eyes open as i work in this area.
question - did they break the glass or was it that "door lock punched" ???
And you say it fought you on lefts, how about rights?
I am the sites Red Foreman - Dumbass
"You wagon guys are always confident in fitting things in your car" - Germanstyle

witchcraftz

• Testers
Good luck with the search, I will keep my eyes open.

mithril

• Testers
The driver door lock was blanked, but not one in the hatch.  Iím sure thatís how he got in.  Only fighting on left turns, left side was leaking so that makes sense.

SR-71

• Top post score!
Sucks to hear about your loss. Will keep an eye out in Tri-Cities
DAS. Expect nothing.

Autohau5

• Gasoline rainbow in the gutter
In the interim, you can buy my Ď05 S4 sedan 6mt. :D
'01 A6 2.7TT 6MT  |  '81 Rabbit S 16VG60   |  '15 Touareg TDI R-Line   |    '04 Touareg V10 TDI    |   '96 YZF750R

AirCooledRules

Or your C5 2.7TT 5-speed that's in my backyard !!!!!!!
Kiełbasa > Kolbasz

Schmiesus

• Administrator
    • Dubberz
This really sucks Geoff. I hope they find it in one piece. The fact they know how to get around the immo suggests to me its probably stripped cause they knew what they were after.

mithril

• Testers
Ya, pretty much all possibilties are on the table at the moment.  I tend to agree with Jakub, thereís nothing on a C5 thatís particularly amazing as far as parts go but I never try to apply logic to thieves.  There is a decent looking 2008 Touareg on CL right now so perhaps Iíll just trade over to a different form of massive fuel consumption 😜
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 18, 15:52 by mithril »

mithril

• Testers
Well mystery solved.  RCMP called this afternoon and apparently it was found in Nanaimo torched 😥

germanstyle

• Global Moderator
  • Wheel Whore
Well mystery solved.  RCMP called this afternoon and apparently it was found in Nanaimo torched 😥

Why would someone do that....so lame.  Take it on a beautiful ferry ride and then just set fire to it.....doesn't seem right.
Toyota 4runner, Ram 3500

mithril

• Testers
Destroying evidence Iím sure.  Wondering if it was the getaway car for that shooting downtown on the weekend thatkilled that 15yrs bystander 😕