Author Topic: FSI/TFSI Carbon Build Up  (Read 6508 times)

Schmiesus

• Administrator
    • Dubberz
Re: FSI/TFSI Carbon Build Up
« Reply #40 on: Mar 08, 17, 09:47 »
Pull apart an intake manifold on a light duty diesel truck. Imma push 30psi thru a pin hole

Stephan Schmidt

« Reply #41 on: Mar 08, 17, 10:27 »
Pull apart an intake manifold on a light duty diesel truck. Imma push 30psi thru a pin hole

LOL!

Autohau5

• Gasoline rainbow in the gutter
« Reply #42 on: Mar 08, 17, 16:23 »

Ugh cleaning out intakes and EGRs on newer DT466/MaxxForce engines sucks. Pretty much basic maintenance with every other oil change.
'01 A6 2.7TT 6MT  |  '81 Rabbit S 16VG60   |  '15 Touareg TDI R-Line   |   '96 YZF750R

qwertyJr

« Reply #43 on: Mar 08, 17, 17:16 »
Recommendations on where to order the manifold + possible injector gaskets? Shipping through ECS has always been brutal and the dealership is just insanity.
"You crazy kids, live a little. Sprint to blue, grab some porcelain. Play in the Alpine, Go to Mars. Get sucked up in a Tornado, Join the Navy. Eat some Imola and taste the rainbow"

Schmiesus

• Administrator
    • Dubberz
« Reply #44 on: Mar 08, 17, 17:58 »
I got my seals both Teflon and o-rings from the dealer. They weren't bad.

qwertyJr

« Reply #45 on: Mar 08, 17, 22:21 »
I was in there earlier today (before i posted) for the ABS recall and got a quote on a new DV.. they quoted me $195 for the latest revision.. anywhere else online sells that thing for under $100. So I was a little hesitant to call back and ask about a whole manifold + seals  :lol:
"You crazy kids, live a little. Sprint to blue, grab some porcelain. Play in the Alpine, Go to Mars. Get sucked up in a Tornado, Join the Navy. Eat some Imola and taste the rainbow"

Schmiesus

• Administrator
    • Dubberz
« Reply #46 on: Mar 09, 17, 05:51 »
Which dealer are you at?

qwertyJr

FSI/TFSI Carbon Build Up
« Reply #47 on: Mar 09, 17, 12:01 »
Regency VW.

Thankfully my 09 is still under the extended warranty for the intake manifold (found out today) so they'll be replacing that and cleaning the valves while they're in there! Win/win.
« Last Edit: Mar 09, 17, 12:02 by qwertyJr »

tbird

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 17, 20:49 »
My Tiguan 2013 has 80,000. I had some misfire codes
Carbon was moderate. Paid $900 dealer to do it
Problem didn't improve ( misfire ). One valve was not seating right. kept open a few mm.

They figure the excess carbon jammed the valve

They warranties the cylinder head issues but I paid the carbon $900 bill..

kerobert

• Performax Health Group
« Reply #49 on: Dec 01, 18, 11:02 »
Looking into buying a 2016 Tiguan and have been educating myself on this issue.

Here's a great page with info and a DYI.
https://www.shopdap.com/blog/post/carbon-build-up-and-cold-start-misfires-on-2-0t-tsi.html

Anyone installed the catch can system?
https://humblemechanic.com/install-catch-can-2-0t-tsi-engine/

Thinking that when the Odometer hits the 50,000km mark I'll be looking into cleaning it.
Robert Libbey RMT
Registered Massage Therapist
Triathlete