Author Topic: Dubberz Mk3 Enthusiast Thread  (Read 12300 times)

MK2Chuck

Re: Dubberz Mk3 Enthusiast Thread
« Reply #120 on: Jul 02, 17, 22:38 »
Nah. Just joking around. Think brad did the crack pipe?

Clutch started making a horrible sound when pressed in so I got it towed. Sound went away though... Some strange things happening with this car lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Producer

« Reply #121 on: Jul 05, 17, 12:10 »
That sucks - yes, the crackpipe is fresh. Any updates? Hopefully it's just an unhappy master/slave. Clutch is OG though - might be time to get in there and do the work to keep it going another 160k kms. Such a clean car, let me know how it goes.

MK2Chuck

« Reply #122 on: Jul 05, 17, 12:45 »
No updates as of yet. The sound has stopped and it's been running great since. I'm going to have it looked at though. Will let ya know.

AirCooledRules

• Salmon S3X Pink Metallic
« Reply #123 on: Jul 05, 17, 12:46 »
You have a MK3 Jetta and a MK3 GTI ?
Kiełbasa > Kolbasz

MK2Chuck

« Reply #124 on: Jul 05, 17, 12:49 »
You have a MK3 Jetta and a MK3 GTI ?

Sold the Jetta

MrPapageorgio

• Your Mom smells of BALLZ
« Reply #125 on: Aug 22, 17, 13:54 »
Rescuing a Harlequin

Pt 1

Pt 2

Pt3

Pt 4

Pt 5

Pt 5b
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 17, 14:23 by MrPapageorgio »
88 Cabby... Triple Blue, 2.0 16v, Koni coils, porsche gullideckel wheels....2000 Beetle GLS 1.8T
Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!!

AirCooledRules

« Reply #126 on: Sep 29, 17, 10:30 »
That was the first Harlequin rescued in that fashion quickly followed by another one found in Georgia a month later and revived in the same way, then driven home to Seattle.

People do crazy things for these cars.
Kiełbasa > Kolbasz

The Producer

« Reply #127 on: Sep 30, 17, 14:50 »
I'm back! so is the car! I sold this one a few years ago when the fleet got too big to keep it. It was always an honest car that I'd grabbed from the original owners. Last years VR ski mobile really made me miss the simplicity and cost savings of the 2L car.

Thanks to the CL finds thread, it's back in the garage. The owner took great care of it, garaged it, new tires and brakes and the paint still shines. Needs a clutch, but for the price paid I think it's a great buy.

This is the 3rd vehicle I've bought back from the person I sold to. It's weird - in a city this big, with so many cars it happened again. Feels good knowing the bones are solid.

Untitled by GhstRidr, on Flickr

The Producer

« Reply #128 on: Oct 10, 17, 22:45 »
Harlequin shirt from blipshift! I'm over my quota for the year but I think I'll make an exception

https://www.blipshift.com/products/class-clown?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=class-clown

AirCooledRules

« Reply #129 on: Oct 10, 17, 23:00 »
That's sick. And it's the same colour as mine. Will be purchasing

I drove my Harlequin for the first time in forever today.  Getting it ready for motor out and strut tower replacement ffffffffff
« Last Edit: Oct 10, 17, 23:02 by AirCooledRules »
Kiełbasa > Kolbasz

The Producer

« Reply #130 on: Nov 25, 18, 15:47 »
Untitled by GhstRidr, on Flickr

just plated mine today - started on the first turn of the key since last march. no fuel stabilizer, no battery tender. nothing

these are great little cars, and the 2L remains a gem. looking forward to another ski season of good service from it.

AirCooledRules

« Reply #131 on: Nov 25, 18, 16:42 »
Nice. Thanks for bumping my thread.  I did buy that shirt and have not driven the Harlequin since that last post but am planning on driving it home from storage maybe tomorrow.

The black GTI is still kicking, one of the best daily drivers ever.

Iím thinking I may sell the GTI in the spring. We will see
Kiełbasa > Kolbasz