Author Topic: Dubberz Mk3 Enthusiast Thread  (Read 5804 times)

Schmiesus

• Administrator
    • Dubberz
Re: Dubberz Mk3 Enthusiast Thread
« Reply #100 on: Feb 27, 17, 21:44 »
What would you prefer?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
Neither the tire is 2 inches bigger than factory. You'll have balloons on it. It might rub and it will lift your car a full inch.

The Producer

« Reply #101 on: Mar 10, 17, 17:59 »

Gave the ol' 4x4 a well deserved wash. It got HAMMERED in the day lot at blackcomb last week. End of the row - every car that went by sandblasted it.

Still loving this little car - might be the first year I keep the winter beater after the ski season.

AirCooledRules

• Salmon S3X Pink Metallic
« Reply #102 on: Mar 10, 17, 19:53 »
Looking very nice.  I've almost had my GTI for 2 years.  I was not expecting to still have it and I will probably have it for some time yet. 
Kiełbasa > Kolbasz

William

• Testers
« Reply #103 on: Mar 11, 17, 08:37 »
That car looks really good. Is that the minty clean one everyone was mulling over recently?
'93 Si. - VTEC Purgatory

The Producer

« Reply #104 on: Mar 11, 17, 09:35 »
no - this isn't eurotrash's car that came back up for sale recently - I think Toby grabbed that one.

I bought this in the fall - it was posted in the CL finds thread. It's not perfect - has some inside gas door surface rust, and a slight crease over a rear fender. If I keep it I'll get that stuff taken care of in the spring.

In a moment of weakness/drunkenness last night a "made and offer" on some ebay FK streetlines and it was accepted. They may make their way onto this car.

Madmylo

« Reply #105 on: Mar 11, 17, 14:17 »

Gave the ol' 4x4 a well deserved wash. It got HAMMERED in the day lot at blackcomb last week. End of the row - every car that went by sandblasted it.

Still loving this little car - might be the first year I keep the winter beater after the ski season.

This is by no means a BEATER :D  Looks great Brad look forward to seeing wheels and coilovers..
VR6 MK3 Golf
16v Mk2 Scirocco

MK2Chuck

« Reply #106 on: Mar 12, 17, 15:27 »
My 98 Jetta.

This car is my first project so I'm starting off lightly and getting used to getting my hands dirty before really digging in.

First Real change I made was swapping out the old blue cloth interior to tan leather. I'm feeling the two tone. Pic is after a thorough steam clean.

Next up is getting my new Mini wheels on her and some coilovers. Just picked these guys up in Seattle for a sweet deal. Pic of Wayne giving them his seal of approval.

More to come soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AirCooledRules

« Reply #107 on: Mar 12, 17, 15:58 »
Jetta Wolfsburg looks good.
Kiełbasa > Kolbasz

William

• Testers
« Reply #108 on: Mar 12, 17, 20:24 »
no - this isn't eurotrash's car that came back up for sale recently - I think Toby grabbed that one.

I bought this in the fall - it was posted in the CL finds thread. It's not perfect - has some inside gas door surface rust, and a slight crease over a rear fender. If I keep it I'll get that stuff taken care of in the spring.

In a moment of weakness/drunkenness last night a "made and offer" on some ebay FK streetlines and it was accepted. They may make their way onto this car.

I forgot about Eurotrash's car so this is the CR one then. Looks good. Little damage is nothing.
'93 Si. - VTEC Purgatory

The Producer

« Reply #109 on: Mar 12, 17, 20:44 »
mini wheels have to be hogged out a little bit - i think they're 56.? ID. some guys used to do it with a dremel but a competent machine shop would be better.

MK2Chuck

Dubberz Mk3 Enthusiast Thread
« Reply #110 on: Mar 12, 17, 21:29 »
mini wheels have to be hogged out a little bit - i think they're 56.? ID. some guys used to do it with a dremel but a competent machine shop would be better.

Yeah just 1 mm on these ones I think. Panther Precision Machine said they'd do it for $35 a wheel. Seems like a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Mar 12, 17, 21:30 by MK2Chuck »

Qogu

« Reply #111 on: May 18, 17, 19:06 »
https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/6132042795.html

Cris and Alexis old Jetta. Now owned still by Mike who did the overhaul?

AirCooledRules

« Reply #112 on: May 18, 17, 19:53 »
Would love to have that car!
Kiełbasa > Kolbasz

Qogu

« Reply #113 on: Jun 15, 17, 20:46 »
Saw these and aren't too far away from here. very nice! Would look good on a mark 3!
Link: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?8660433-Borbet-RST
« Last Edit: Jun 15, 17, 20:46 by Qogu »