Author Topic: Dubberz Mk3 Enthusiast Thread  (Read 7957 times)

Schmiesus

• Administrator
    • Dubberz
Re: Dubberz Mk3 Enthusiast Thread
« Reply #100 on: Feb 27, 17, 21:44 »
What would you prefer?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
Neither the tire is 2 inches bigger than factory. You'll have balloons on it. It might rub and it will lift your car a full inch.

The Producer

« Reply #101 on: Mar 10, 17, 17:59 »
Untitled by GhstRidr, on Flickr

Gave the ol' 4x4 a well deserved wash. It got HAMMERED in the day lot at blackcomb last week. End of the row - every car that went by sandblasted it.

Still loving this little car - might be the first year I keep the winter beater after the ski season.
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 17, 15:48 by The Producer »

AirCooledRules

• Salmon S3X Pink Metallic
« Reply #102 on: Mar 10, 17, 19:53 »
Looking very nice.  I've almost had my GTI for 2 years.  I was not expecting to still have it and I will probably have it for some time yet. 
Kiełbasa > Kolbasz

William

• Testers
« Reply #103 on: Mar 11, 17, 08:37 »
That car looks really good. Is that the minty clean one everyone was mulling over recently?
'93 Si. - VTEC Purgatory

The Producer

« Reply #104 on: Mar 11, 17, 09:35 »
no - this isn't eurotrash's car that came back up for sale recently - I think Toby grabbed that one.

I bought this in the fall - it was posted in the CL finds thread. It's not perfect - has some inside gas door surface rust, and a slight crease over a rear fender. If I keep it I'll get that stuff taken care of in the spring.

In a moment of weakness/drunkenness last night a "made and offer" on some ebay FK streetlines and it was accepted. They may make their way onto this car.

Madmylo

« Reply #105 on: Mar 11, 17, 14:17 »

Gave the ol' 4x4 a well deserved wash. It got HAMMERED in the day lot at blackcomb last week. End of the row - every car that went by sandblasted it.

Still loving this little car - might be the first year I keep the winter beater after the ski season.

This is by no means a BEATER :D  Looks great Brad look forward to seeing wheels and coilovers..
VR6 MK3 Golf
16v Mk2 Scirocco

MK2Chuck

« Reply #106 on: Mar 12, 17, 15:27 »
My 98 Jetta.

This car is my first project so I'm starting off lightly and getting used to getting my hands dirty before really digging in.

First Real change I made was swapping out the old blue cloth interior to tan leather. I'm feeling the two tone. Pic is after a thorough steam clean.

Next up is getting my new Mini wheels on her and some coilovers. Just picked these guys up in Seattle for a sweet deal. Pic of Wayne giving them his seal of approval.

More to come soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AirCooledRules

« Reply #107 on: Mar 12, 17, 15:58 »
Jetta Wolfsburg looks good.
Kiełbasa > Kolbasz

William

• Testers
« Reply #108 on: Mar 12, 17, 20:24 »
no - this isn't eurotrash's car that came back up for sale recently - I think Toby grabbed that one.

I bought this in the fall - it was posted in the CL finds thread. It's not perfect - has some inside gas door surface rust, and a slight crease over a rear fender. If I keep it I'll get that stuff taken care of in the spring.

In a moment of weakness/drunkenness last night a "made and offer" on some ebay FK streetlines and it was accepted. They may make their way onto this car.

I forgot about Eurotrash's car so this is the CR one then. Looks good. Little damage is nothing.
'93 Si. - VTEC Purgatory

The Producer

« Reply #109 on: Mar 12, 17, 20:44 »
mini wheels have to be hogged out a little bit - i think they're 56.? ID. some guys used to do it with a dremel but a competent machine shop would be better.

MK2Chuck

Dubberz Mk3 Enthusiast Thread
« Reply #110 on: Mar 12, 17, 21:29 »
mini wheels have to be hogged out a little bit - i think they're 56.? ID. some guys used to do it with a dremel but a competent machine shop would be better.

Yeah just 1 mm on these ones I think. Panther Precision Machine said they'd do it for $35 a wheel. Seems like a deal.

« Last Edit: Mar 12, 17, 21:30 by MK2Chuck »

Qogu

« Reply #111 on: May 18, 17, 19:06 »
https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/6132042795.html

Cris and Alexis old Jetta. Now owned still by Mike who did the overhaul?

AirCooledRules

« Reply #112 on: May 18, 17, 19:53 »
Would love to have that car!
Kiełbasa > Kolbasz

Qogu

« Reply #113 on: Jun 15, 17, 20:46 »
Saw these and aren't too far away from here. very nice! Would look good on a mark 3!
Link: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?8660433-Borbet-RST
« Last Edit: Jun 15, 17, 20:46 by Qogu »

MK2Chuck

Dubberz Mk3 Enthusiast Thread
« Reply #114 on: Jun 26, 17, 18:55 »
Got the GTI filthy while camping in Squamish over the weekend / took it up the sea to sky for the first time in my ownership.

The car like a champ the entire trip but stalled on me one time as I shut my door. Started right back up and ran great all the way back home though. Anyone have any ideas?

« Last Edit: Jun 27, 17, 08:08 by MK2Chuck »

The Producer

« Reply #115 on: Jun 26, 17, 19:05 »
i miss that car - the sht box e30 i picked up to replace it pales by comparison.

there's no reason i can possibly think of for it stalling by shutting the door, unless you're getting a weird short in the door harness? (under the rubber accordion between the body and the door) worth inspecting to make sure wires aren't fraying.

MK2Chuck

« Reply #116 on: Jun 26, 17, 19:26 »
It's been amazing man. Can't wait to start putting some more money into it. Too bad about the e30 but at least you have your M3 :p. 

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I did a shot in the dark Google search and someone said their car was doing it until they replaced the ignition switch...

Doesn't make any sense to me. I'll check the wires in the door and keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't quit on me again.

MK2Chuck

« Reply #117 on: Jul 02, 17, 18:10 »
Annnnd there goes the Johnson rod...

aba16v

« Reply #118 on: Jul 02, 17, 21:49 »
A volkswagen in it's natural habitat.

mikeonfire

• mk1's endangered species