Author Topic: Drones  (Read 6012 times)

najob

Re: Drones
« Reply #20 on: Jan 10, 18, 08:18 »
I've got the Mavic Pro....first time drone owner, and I friggin love it.

Agreed, I love my Mavic Pro like you I wish the sensor was a bit larger like the Phantom 4 Pro. The stills and video that comes from the P4P look so much more crisp!

I think the P4P is the best bang for your buck, but I'd wait until the spring I imagine a new Mavic or Phantom is coming.

Some of my photos:

DAS. Expect nothing less.

superchicken

• Chopper Togger
« Reply #21 on: Jan 13, 18, 19:37 »
I had an extensive chat with our local Transport Canada POI during an audit this fall.  He's issuing SFOC's for drones on a regular basis and said the barrier to entry is pretty low as long as knowledge and common sense is demonstrated.   I plan on applying for one soon, especially with BLOS coming.
flickr.com/iangwills
facebook.com/iangwills

yvr20th

« Reply #22 on: Jan 20, 18, 03:05 »
I had an extensive chat with our local Transport Canada POI during an audit this fall.  He's issuing SFOC's for drones on a regular basis and said the barrier to entry is pretty low as long as knowledge and common sense is demonstrated.   I plan on applying for one soon, especially with BLOS coming.

Speaking of SFOCís are they still as intricate and detail oriented? Last I looked into filing one it required a LOT of information like a 20 page report.
I would love to put my Mavic Pro to use and make a few $.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2003 BMP GTI 20th, 2012 CW Golf Wagon TDI

superchicken

• Chopper Togger
« Reply #23 on: Jan 20, 18, 12:36 »
Speaking of SFOCís are they still as intricate and detail oriented? Last I looked into filing one it required a LOT of information like a 20 page report.
I would love to put my Mavic Pro to use and make a few $.

20 pages is nothing.  Try getting an actual operating certificate approval for a real aviation operation.  Typical response time for a letter of intent to a signed certificate is 6 months.
flickr.com/iangwills
facebook.com/iangwills

Force33

« Reply #24 on: Jan 26, 18, 04:42 »
Saving up to buy a drone, Heard good things about the Mavic Pro.

yvr20th

« Reply #25 on: Jan 27, 18, 00:42 »
Saving up to buy a drone, Heard good things about the Mavic Pro.

Love my Mavic Pro. I still think itís the best bang for your buck in terms of portability and features packed in. Although DJI just release a new smaller drone that could give the Pro some competition.

2003 BMP GTI 20th, 2012 CW Golf Wagon TDI

dubb121

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 18, 14:14 »
Agreed, I love my Mavic Pro like you I wish the sensor was a bit larger like the Phantom 4 Pro. The stills and video that comes from the P4P look so much more crisp!

I think the P4P is the best bang for your buck, but I'd wait until the spring I imagine a new Mavic or Phantom is coming.

Some of my photos:

Agreed and i also love the Mavic pro and Phantom. I read and got some good recommendations for the new Mavic at http://www.fsworld.us/newsroom/pr/things-to-consider-when-shopping-for-a-nano-drone/.