Author Topic: The NON-Stanced picture thread - For the Motorsport enthusiast  (Read 15949 times)

Stephan Schmidt

I'm the type of guy who enjoys a clean practical, purposeful, motorsport themed vehicle. 

As much as I respect those airbagged, "stanced", low cars that are very much a part of the owner's lifestyle and vision, there is just something about a car that you can actually drive to its full potential. I've personally owned some powerful cars with small brakes, heavy replica wheels that were too tall/wide with narrow tires, suspension that was too low and I sacrificed a lot of driveability because of it. 

Over the last few years I've begun to appreciate a car that you can drive without worrying about rubbing, hitting the odd pot hole, stereo equipment taking up trunk space or sliding around in the trunk, a suspension airbag blowing out, or the feeling of a small bald 205 tire on a 9" rim that can't grip the road worth a damn with anything more than 120 whp. 

My little 1998 Golf GL has embarrassed quite a few powerful cars with its only mods being suspension, upgraded brake pads, and lightweight wheels with sticky tires.

Either way, Post up what you have in your garage or what others have done (drag, Autocross, hillclimb, roadrace, or just a daily driver with a motorsport themed build)! Any make/model welcomed!

« Last Edit: Dec 04, 13, 09:07 by Stephan Schmidt »

Stephan Schmidt

Stephan Schmidt

Stephan Schmidt

Benyameen Kawlboose

• boots
Wake up. Stand up. Please look at this picture. Look at this picture please.

eurotrash

• Testers
  • lurker
I heart this thread
2004.5 VW GLI | Platinum Gray
2017 Toyota Highlander Limited | Midnight Black Metallic

Stephan Schmidt

YES YES YES BEN!

Dan, post up some pics!!!

nimmo

I'll play! My new car, done with driving a slammed car. rear sway, some koni struts to go with the lowering springs and autox next year!

eurotrash

• Testers
  • lurker
i'll post a bunch when i'm on my home computer
2004.5 VW GLI | Platinum Gray
2017 Toyota Highlander Limited | Midnight Black Metallic

Greg

• Testers
  • This is not a game of who the fuck are you
This is about the only thread I can participate in

« Last Edit: Dec 04, 13, 13:53 by Greg »
Your language is offensive!
You're not low enough to be cool
Be a Flirt, Lift your Skirt!

najob

DAS. Expect nothing less.

Stephan Schmidt

Nimmo, Liking the direction of your Mazda!

Mr. Mooshoo, MUCH better than after (in my opinion)!

Stephan Schmidt

My beater

Jonnymooshoo

• Testers
    • 2004 MK4 .:R32
Nimmo, Liking the direction of your Mazda!

Mr. Mooshoo, MUCH better than after (in my opinion)!

Lol.. both styles have their merits. Stanced is definitely a love/hate relationship.

bootymac

Over the last few years I've begun to appreciate a car that you can drive without worrying about rubbing, hitting the odd pot hole, stereo equipment taking up trunk space or sliding around in the trunk, a suspension airbag blowing out, or the feeling of a small bald 205 tire on a 9" rim that can't grip the road worth a damn with anything more than 120 whp. 

This is exactly how I feel and my most recent modifications reflect it. I went from a stiff and low suspension setup to an OEM+ height that's also comfortable. I also ditched 18" wheels for OEM 17" wheels for the thicker sidewall. I retained all of my other suspension upgrades and ironically the car handles much better now with the corrected geometry. Practical, functional and low key :thumbup:

Unfortunately despite its current form, I do not trust my GTI enough to drive it beyond Metro Vancouver. The Kizashi gets all of the road trip responsibilities now :lol:
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 13, 17:23 by bootymac »

Radvr6t

• Ministeroffresh
  • #addictedtoshine
    • VwVortex
In 2005 before the stance game became apparent

I Don't "Build" Cars I Just Make Em Ƥʀὄῥἔʀ
Instagram: @Ministeroffresh

Radvr6t

• Ministeroffresh
  • #addictedtoshine
    • VwVortex
Locally Matts R32 --loving his porsche color scheme

I Don't "Build" Cars I Just Make Em Ƥʀὄῥἔʀ
Instagram: @Ministeroffresh

Jeremy Sawatzky #2

• Hodor
am i doing it right?

2005 BMW 325i, 2016 Mazda CX5, 2014 KTM 1190 Adventure, 2006 Yamaha FZ6

hellgti

This is exactly how I feel and my most recent modifications reflect it. I went from a stiff and low suspension setup to an OEM+ height that's also comfortable. I also ditched 18" wheels for OEM 17" wheels for the thicker sidewall. I retained all of my other suspension upgrades and ironically the car handles much better now with the corrected geometry. Practical, functional and low key :thumbup:

Unfortunately despite its current form, I do not trust my GTI enough to drive it beyond Metro Vancouver. The Kizashi gets all of the road trip responsibilities now :lol:

Please post pics of your walker and cane too old man.
Take care of each other out there. everyone here is my brother, let's make sure everybody goes home safe. Alright, let's stomp some heads. - Scott Vogel

bootymac

Please post pics of your walker and cane too old man.

Grinder

Take it out and play with it. This thread is awesome.

PS - Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic!

Stephan Schmidt

Awesome! Keep the pics coming!

Jordan

• Testers
  • Rockin' in the club, catch me on an elephant.
Call it a fail all you like, however I am really enjoying the ability to venture beyond paved roads.

Old Jeep:

"New Jeep"

However, I wil always have a soft spot for my mk1

(photo credit goes out to Sir Andrew Holiday)
I converted my mk1 to run on PBR and whiskey. There are 5 oil pans hanging in my garage to show you that I win at low, I actually tattooed that on myself somewhere.

gsxrsquid

Ewws jeep . All is forgiven for the mk1 ;) . Looks like she would rub... guess ill add the mk4..sorry no recent pic..this was with shitty Jom coils.. now have pss9's

cdiddydo

• Testers

Stephan Schmidt

Ewws jeep . All is forgiven for the mk1 ;) . Looks like she would rub... guess ill add the mk4

I guess 'offroading' could be considered a type of motorsport...???

As for the MK1, even though its a really nice clean car, with its poked wheels, stretched tires and control arms (MK1 & MK4 jetta alike) that are probably pointed to the sky, they don't scream motorsport to me.

Colin (cdiddydo) has the right idea! Those are some nice cars!  I'd love to drive any of those on a twisty road/track :D

Stephan Schmidt

Jeremy Sawatzky #2

• Hodor
2005 BMW 325i, 2016 Mazda CX5, 2014 KTM 1190 Adventure, 2006 Yamaha FZ6

Schmiesus

• Administrator
    • Dubberz

Schmiesus

• Administrator
    • Dubberz

Stephan Schmidt

LOVIN all the cars/bikes you posted, but this last vehicle even though its nice, ISN'T AT ALL what this thread is about!

Keep the pics coming people!

Stephan Schmidt

OH MY WORD! That engine, yum! Those wheels/stretched tires = FAIL!!

Remember, this is a MOTORSPORT themed thread.
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 13, 08:01 by Stephan Schmidt »

Myrica

• Red.
Old Jeep

Hey, I've got one of those too! I assure you all, it does rub. It's function over form when it comes to this thing..

2003 Wolfsburg Jetta - APR Stage 2
2018 Golf R on order <3
IG @_myrica

Myrica

• Red.
And, here's my daily commuter. Once I'm done, I'm thinking kind of an OEM + kind of look/feel?

(old pic, but nothing's changed recently  :( )
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 13, 09:08 by Myrica »
2018 Golf R on order <3
IG @_myrica

Stephan Schmidt

Hey, I've got one of those too! I assure you all, it does rub. It's function over form when it comes to this thing..

Whats with all the noobs in this thread ;)

Start an offroad picture thread :P

Myrica

• Red.
Whats with all the noobs in this thread ;)

Start an offroad picture thread :P

I've been lurking for a little while.. :P

The Jeep's in hibernation right now, so offroading is kind of at the back of my mind. I like not breaking down in the middle of god knows where. :toothy:
2018 Golf R on order <3
IG @_myrica

gschiel

Some seem to be misinterpreting the title...

Looking to get a back into a VW daily, but this is my summer ride.  70 series tires couldn't be more non-stance!

2013 VW Golf TDI
1990 Rover Mini "Racing Green"

Stephan Schmidt

Back on track with some worthy content:

Stephan Schmidt

I've been lurking for a little while.. :P

The Jeep's in hibernation right now, so offroading is kind of at the back of my mind. I like not breaking down in the middle of god knows where. :toothy:

Noob, not newb - I didn't know they were the same thing! :lol:

People keep on posting these off road machines which clearly don't fit in this thread!

Myrica

• Red.
Noob, not newb - I didn't know they were the same thing! :lol:

People keep on posting these off road machines which clearly don't fit in this thread!

Hmm, back to keeping my head down and learning! Sorry!
2018 Golf R on order <3
IG @_myrica

Stephan Schmidt

Hmm, back to keeping my head down and learning! Sorry!

No no, don't take it that way :)

Lets just keep this thread in the spirit of motorsport themed cars! Cars that you can truly drive to their limits with suspension, brakes, and power that all function as they should!

Myrica

• Red.
No no, don't take it that way :)

Lets just keep this thread in the spirit of motorsport themed cars! Cars that you can truly drive to their limits with suspension, brakes, and power that all function as they should!

Not taking it badly, it's okay! I guess I could have thought a little more carefully about the 'motorsport' thing.  ;)
2018 Golf R on order <3
IG @_myrica

RyanAnthony

Is this thread for pictures found on tthe Internet or vehicles your own? If you want it to stay motorsports maybe you shouldn't post a pic of your "beater" which may look to some as a reason to post their car on lowering springs  and stock sized wheels.

kids now want to have the hellafrush looked with stretched tires that totally throw off speedo's and mileage tracking. They don't care about ride quality and fuel economy. - Vangruver

Stephan Schmidt

My little 1998 Golf GL has embarrassed quite a few powerful cars with its only mods being suspension, upgraded brake pads, and lightweight wheels with sticky tires.

Either way, Post up what you have in your garage or what others have done (drag, Autocross, hillclimb, roadrace, or just a daily driver with a motorsport themed build)! Any make/model welcomed!

Ryan, I THINK this is what I posted ;)

My car's mods are all carried out with lightweight reduction in unsprung weight and crisp handling in mind.  I would agree that most motorsport themed vehicles would have similar traits, yes?

I didn't say post only race cars....unless I missed something???? :(

« Last Edit: Dec 05, 13, 13:00 by Stephan Schmidt »

Stephan Schmidt

A local great!

RyanAnthony

I just see this turning into a thread for people cars who are not stanced, only because they haven't bought those sick aggressive wheels yet, then call it for Motorsport. In the end left with a "show us a recent pic of your mildly stock and non stanced car thread"

But then wouldn't 4x4/ offroading fit into a Motorsport ?

Not hating on this thread, just trying to help it stay on topic
kids now want to have the hellafrush looked with stretched tires that totally throw off speedo's and mileage tracking. They don't care about ride quality and fuel economy. - Vangruver

Stephan Schmidt

Yes, lets keep in on topic.

Everyone has a different opinion on what counts.  But, from the majority of the pictures submitted in this post, you can see that we are mostly posting pictures of other people's cars we've found on the internet. 

If you have a car you are building that has a motorsport theme or build to it, post it up!  We aren't expecting everyone to post a racecar (look through the thread again - majority of the cars posted are street cars).  Some cars might not be finished yet, but thats ok!  You enjoy adding components to your vehicle that make it perform better than before and this is the name of the motorsport game!

Offroading is NOT motorsport.

Continue!

Stephan Schmidt

More:

PERFECT!

« Last Edit: Dec 05, 13, 13:29 by Stephan Schmidt »

RyanAnthony

Stephan Schmidt

mmm, porsche :D

RyanAnthony

Blue Flame

• OG in hiding
    • Oil For Good
I want that slantnose. badly.

I'll post pics of my M3 when i'm back on my phone. I think it fits what you're looking for.
Oil For Good

RyanAnthony

That side exhaust!

Stephan Schmidt

Parts

• Professional driver, closed course. Do not attempt
No such thing as spare time, no such thing as free time, no such thing as down time. All you got is life time.
Go.

Stephan Schmidt

No?

I stand corrected with my narrow mind!

RyanAnthony

« Last Edit: Dec 05, 13, 14:09 by RyanAnthony »

HAMMERABBIT

« Last Edit: Dec 05, 13, 14:34 by HAMMERABBIT »
Party Hard.

Andrew Holliday

• Andrew Holliday Photography
A few Motorsport themed cars I've shot(thought some local content would be nice):

HPA built Audi TT

Race package 2014 Mustang GT:

from this years Thanksgiving Sea to Sky Classic Car Adventures Run:

Porsche Dundarave Meet 2013:

HPA built Eos:

HPA built RHD R32:

Ruf 997 Turbo:

and recently featured in and on the cover of Retro Cars Magazine, a locally built Rally bug:
aholliday.com

Andrew Holliday

Also, because Retro is way cooler than new:

aholliday.com

maggietheferocious

Blue Flame

• OG in hiding
    • Oil For Good
As promised...but not mine

« Last Edit: Dec 06, 13, 15:36 by Blue Flame »
Oil For Good

HAMMERABBIT

Anyone know how to resize this madness?
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 13, 09:56 by HAMMERABBIT »
Party Hard.

Andrew Holliday

Exactly what I hope to be doing for the Miata 25th anniversary next spring!

aholliday.com

Benyameen Kawlboose

• boots
yummy stuff, Andrew!
good to see you posting stuff again, too

i'm just going to post up more from the same website, as it's kind of a goldmine of retro motorsports

Nurburgring 1973

Wake up. Stand up. Please look at this picture. Look at this picture please.

gsxrsquid

Jizz

germanspec

My winter performance stance  :)

Stephan Schmidt

Some excellent pictures above!

A few more:

« Last Edit: Dec 16, 13, 09:45 by Stephan Schmidt »

Stephan Schmidt

Mihai_A4-B5_

« Last Edit: Jan 07, 14, 19:59 by Mihai_A4-B5_ »

Stephan Schmidt

Lets get this back up!

Stephan Schmidt

GTInub

• Testers
  • 1990 mk2 GTI
"I give blood" -Joker

Schmiesus

• Administrator
    • Dubberz
Oh my Dogecoin

Stephan Schmidt

« Last Edit: May 09, 14, 08:39 by Stephan Schmidt »

Stephan Schmidt

Stephan Schmidt

Bringing this thread back from the dead!

Mk3 Golf Sport, PCA Autocross 2012 by Wolfsburg RS, on Flickr

William

• Testers

My personal car has performance grocery getter stance, proven to reduce speed hump anxiety.

And a mk5.
'93 Si. - VTEC Purgatory

john2353

Wow..........nice..........so many options.............!!!!!!!!! :hi:

Dexter

• 96 GTI VR6 & 98 Golf GLI variant
Beast stance. 
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 16, 16:40 by Dexter »
IG: mk3seanyp

Stephan Schmidt

YESSSS!!!

Schmiesus

• Administrator
    • Dubberz
That looks fun

Stephan Schmidt

That looks fun

Totally!  Just a very well purpose built time attack car.

And another:

Some VAG content too:

« Last Edit: Oct 27, 16, 15:49 by Stephan Schmidt »

83RedRoc

Figure those are 17's on the 034 machine?

Stephan Schmidt

Figure those are 17's on the 034 machine?

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60580

17X9.5"

I love seeing "street" cars with goofy over sized wheels and tiny brakes or people with a bit of a HP bump over stock with these massive 6 piston calipers and 19" wheels, LOL!
« Last Edit: Oct 27, 16, 16:40 by Stephan Schmidt »

83RedRoc

I just noticed how much quicker and fun to drive my car was with smaller wheels, the 16's are a bit too small and a bit soft, but 17's would still have some meat, they look small in that one pic, but in this pic:

:admire:

vinister

excited for some upgrades: