Author Topic: BPY FSI P2177 CEL - Boost leak - Vacuum Leak - Bad Economy Etc  (Read 6379 times)

superchicken

• Chopper Togger
flickr.com/iangwills
facebook.com/iangwills

superchicken

• Chopper Togger
The sawtooth profile on the second chart is what's been driving me crazy.
flickr.com/iangwills
facebook.com/iangwills

83RedRoc

your IAT sensor?

superchicken

• Chopper Togger
Pulled the maf and no change in performance, still oscillates. Eventually the car went into reduced performance mode (not necessarily limp).   Iím leaning towards DV or wastehate or N75.  I should really put it on a dyno.
flickr.com/iangwills
facebook.com/iangwills

superchicken

• Chopper Togger
OK, I did a boost leak test this afternoon by hooking up a schraeder valve to the turbo inlet directly and removed the oil cap as to not pressurize the crankcase.  I started with 5 PSI, no obvious hissing noises.  Upped it to 20 PSI, still no hissing noises.  Looks like mechanically the car doesn't have any leaks. 

I did hear a gurgling noise coming from inside the valvecover which I suspect would be air pushing past the turbo bearing seals into the return pipe and bubbling back up in the bottom of the pan... but I figure that when the engine has oil pressure those bearings would be sealed up.

So - it's gotta be electrical.  I still get an obvious oscillation at part-throttle climbing hills, like the car is rubber-banding, and the fuel economy is terrible.  The car makes good power, just drive ability is a bit suspect.

I need to re-log the car to get some fresh data.

Would removing the cat and staying with stock software have an impact?  Is the car stuck in cat pre-heat mode?
flickr.com/iangwills
facebook.com/iangwills

superchicken

• Chopper Togger
Replaced the D revision DV with the original rubber pierburg unit, (no rips).  Doesn't seem to have made a difference aside from now you can hear compressor flutter on throttle lift.

Would a failed N75 be common?
flickr.com/iangwills
facebook.com/iangwills

83RedRoc

fairly its just a  frequency valve.   

If you unplug the rear 02 it won't affect driving,  it'll just have a CEL for short to - on the 02.

You can log 118 and see the duty cycle % of the N75.