Author Topic: 2006 2.0t burning oil  (Read 2263 times)

TheMagicvDub

2006 2.0t burning oil
« on: Sep 16, 16, 00:35 »
Hi, my cousin just bought himself a 2.0t Dsg...., for a good deal but was not with him at the time of purchase, supposedly my uncle knows someone in surrey that said it was a good buy so pick it up but I refused to say a word as I don't want to get in the middle of it (the kid doesn't know how to drive standard). lets get to it he has a 06 2.0t that runs oil like crazy taking like 4 quarts every 1000km, I read that these cars take up to what 1200miles per quart? which is a lot but not as much as this should be.

My First step was to get a oil consumption test Going for him because he is the most clueless kid in the world and just doesn't learn, this being said remind yourself he is the type of 21 year old to try and drift with a front wheel drive car smashing it into the curb you know the rest.... So if I'm thinking correctly if the test comes back right this usually happens to be a new piston rings I would think or a new engine? Hes had the car for about 2 months now and thought the alternator was the turbo, I fixed that by saying that's not it..Now my next question is Typically the problem gets worse and has led to fuel cutouts at almost any rpm and/or car stalling/running lean/rich, 012555 the number from the dt's. that is  Low Pressure Fuel regulation? I'm guessing this to be a ow fuel pressure sensor? Aka (thurst sensor)?

That's all the problems having at the moment like some feedback thanks!

Schmiesus

• Administrator
    • Dubberz
Re: 2006 2.0t burning oil
« Reply #1 on: Sep 16, 16, 09:09 »
How do the plug look on it?

That much oil could easily be the PCV.

P310B/012555 - Low Pressure Fuel regulation: Fuel Pressure Outside Specification

Most of the time this is caused by a failing lift pump in the fuel tank. The lift pump is run via a duty cycle, in other words, it isn't "powered on" when the engine is running, but rather cycled on and off at a very fast rate, like a strobe light. With the engine at operating temp, the duty cycle of the lift pump should be around 50%. You can view this by the following:

Start VCDS
[Select]
[01-Engine]
[Meas Blocks - 08]
Group 106, field #2

TheMagicvDub

« Reply #2 on: Sep 16, 16, 12:48 »
Alright cool I got the fuel figured out, got it out and just putting it back together after a break, then onto the easy pcv and see if that makes a difference!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Schmiesus

• Administrator
    • Dubberz
« Reply #3 on: Sep 16, 16, 12:59 »
Check the breather hose on the turbo side as well for leaks.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Blue Flame

• OG in hiding
    • Oil For Good
« Reply #4 on: Sep 16, 16, 14:02 »
Catch can w/ PCV block off plate. Done.

I have one if you want it :P
Oil For Good

Schmiesus

• Administrator
    • Dubberz
« Reply #5 on: Sep 16, 16, 14:03 »
I have also seen the plastic crack under the valve cover.

TheMagicvDub

« Reply #6 on: Sep 16, 16, 21:25 »
Check the breather hose on the turbo side as well for leaks.

Ok, we are gonna half ass it tomorrow sometime so will look out for this and for the catch can, ive heard very good things especially for turbos but for someone who doesn't know how to change a battery I'm just gonna teach him, Nice subjestion though for starter!
I actually read another one before this is this a common problem on these engines? Ive heard of the carbon build up on these but nothing really else, will do some research see what to look for thanks!

Schmiesus

• Administrator
    • Dubberz
« Reply #7 on: Sep 17, 16, 07:39 »
The carbon build up will happen on all direct injection cars. These just produce it's faster because of the shit pcv valve.

TheMagicvDub

« Reply #8 on: Sep 21, 16, 12:28 »
Looks like it has been working well thanks! Did some digging just to make sure and it looks as if there is carbon built up... Oh Goody!