Author Topic: ** FS: 2002 Golf TDI w. Malone, 6MT, CarPlay + LOTS more - $7900  (Read 701 times)

Nuje

Fun, fast, practical, and ridiculously economical to drive - what's not to like?

I've gotten as much as 1320km on a tank of fuel, but more typically, it's around 1100km while driving at the old speed limit on the Island Hwy. With the mods done to it, it's more reliable than stock, way more powerful, and just a blast to drive.

So, here's the story on the car.
- 2002 Golf, bought at ~95K km, and have had fun driving it ever since.
- Currently at 329K km
- Maintenance always done on time, or even a bit early (like the last timing belt)
- VNT17 upgraded turbo
- PP764 injectors
- Malone Stage 4 custom tune
- 6sp. manual transmission plus upgraded clutch to hold all of the power
- Pioneer NEX8000 (CarPlay capable) head unit
- Backup camera
- Lots of interior upgrades (cupholders, vents, steering wheel, seats)
- Full FIS-MFA instrument cluster
- 1-" hitch receiver
- Brand new Conti PureContact tires (like, there's literally maybe 100km on them) all the way around
- Big brake upgrade on the front
- Recaro GLI front seats
- Hella OEM glass-lens projector headlights, upgraded with HID bi-xenon projectors and fogs - CNlight 4300K bulbs put out great light! Flip on the high-beams and the shutter flips down, plus the high-beam bulb - feels like I see better at night on a dark road than during the day
- And probably a bunch more stuff I'm forgetting (like rear fog light and Euro headlight switch)

And...
- open / close all windows with key fob; AND unlocking doors also unlocks the hatch - no more needing to use the key fob every time you want to open the hatch! (Just figured this one out a few months ago)
- Audi 3-spoke leather steering wheel; wireless volume / track / source controller mounted on the SW, too, if you want it
- Evoluton Imports Atlas (I think that was the model) aluminum skid plate, with sound deadener mat applied to it; also have that Dynamat-type stuff in the front doors
- Euro wipers front and rear - less than a year old on the wiper blades

Current timing belt is less than halfway through its mileage lifespan - done at 260K km (70K km ago) back in 2014. Never had an issue with the engine - it's been a champ!

Maintenance that's been done recently (everything no more than halfway to next needed service):
- battery
- serpentine belt tensioner
- alternator pulley
- fuel filter
- Bilstein HD shocks and struts
- wheel alignment
- engine air filter
- cabin pollen filter
- fresh oil change (less than 100km ago)

And if you're interested, I'll take care of scheduled maintenance on the car for the next two years - no charge. Oil changes, filters, brake fluid, and when next timing belt is due, I can do that for you for the price of parts.

The only real downside to the car is that the paint has the usual chips and dings that you'll get with 15+ years of driving on highways in BC and dealing with your fellow humans in parking lots. The other thing is that the pinch welds were folded over thanks to a tire shop that shall remain nameless (Walmart - needed an emergency flat fix at 8pm a number of years ago; they were the only place that'd get me in.)

Windshield is mint, though - had that replaced about 20K km ago.

I've absolutely loved driving this car and I'd keep and drive forever, but our driveway just doesn't have room anymore.

pm for more photos; located on Vancouver Island, but would be willing to meet you at ferry terminal to do the sale.
« Last Edit: Jun 04, 19, 11:54 by Nuje »

Hic

What a great car and great price, this won't last long

Nuje

Thanks!
That was my thought, too - if you're looking for a car that combines fun, fast, and frugal, you're not going to do much better than this!

Hic

Thanks!
That was my thought, too - if you're looking for a car that combines fun, fast, and frugal, you're not going to do much better than this!

It is such a good build, the balance of reliability, comfort, power, looks. Just like how I would do if I have the time and $ to build one

Nuje

Yep - that's what I love about it, too. I used to have a lowered sport springs on it, but it just made the ride a little too harsh.

Heard from a guy in Coquitlam who sounds interested and serious.  We'll see how that goes...

Hic

Yep - that's what I love about it, too. I used to have a lowered sport springs on it, but it just made the ride a little too harsh.

Heard from a guy in Coquitlam who sounds interested and serious.  We'll see how that goes...

any luck :0

Nuje

Indeed, yes!

Deposit received; scheduled to do the deal next week.

Nuje

And...deal is done!
Happy to see my car going to a good home where it'll get lots of miles and smiles.