Author Topic: GTI Rabbit for sale  (Read 4455 times)

T~Roc

• Creeksdide Crew
GTI Rabbit for sale
« on: May 26, 17, 07:56 »
Selling my longtime project. A 1983 VW Rabbit GTI, 2 door, sunroof.
Just no longer have the time

Bought an '82 Rabbit in '91. When moving out here from Ontario I'd decided to restore enough just to be a reliable daily.
So in the summer of '99 I replaced the tired 340k engine with a 1.8L hi-comp that came out of an '87 Scirocco.
With only 60k on it, I decided to clean and replace seals (cuz back then if ya switched to synthetic oil your seals would crack lol),
switch to synthetic and rid the frame of On-terrible rust and fresh paint. Drove out here and the oil was still glistening-clean when I arrived  :)

Unfortunately the rust came through and devoured it by 2006.
Swapped everything into a rust-free '80 GTI frame and added a Weber Redline throttle to it. Cracked the rad-support, sourced an OEM from Germany and welded her in. Took my time before planning to paint but got t-boned by a 350 Ram speeding down our street with afternoon drinks in him.
ICBC offered me $500, told them to fack off and searched for another frame.
Found the CLEAN frame ya see in the pics.
Swapped to part-out the '80, and drained the tank b4 adding fresh gas but wasn't getting fuel. Was diagnosing (pretty sure it was fuel pump) but a G60 Corrado fell into my lap and it lost my attention. Was going to use it as my winter when my buddy knocked some sense into my head not to.
So now I wanna pass it onto a worthy person.
Frame is beautiful!
Kept my old Ontario sunroof and hood (car was hoodless) but the hood needs TLC, but I'd replace if it were up to me.
Sunroof is dented, but replacement is great, also have a new frame/guide for it.
Frame had blue GTI seats that I replaced with red ones.
The bench is up here still, and I have all the brake hardware (never installed so they wouldn't rust while sitting).
Bunch of parts are down there and some still up here.
Towed it to friend's in the city and gauge interest.
Had guys make offers on interior but I don't want to part-out - she should drive again!!

Not out to get rich, but know how rare they've become.
Frame cost me $600 in 2011. RUST-FREE
Interior was couple hundo.
Engine has 100k
Rarely see the Redline throttles anymore.
Wanted $2500, but $1500 would satisfy - with hopes to have a ride in her when resurrected  :cheesy:
Prefer not to part-out cuz rarely see these babies on the road anymore - shame really.

So there ya have it

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/d/1982-vw-rabbit-gti-2-door/6643823713.html
« Last Edit: Aug 08, 18, 10:23 by T~Roc »
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW -- What a Ride!"

Autohau5

• Gasoline rainbow in the gutter
Re: GTI Rabbit for sale
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 17, 09:03 »
Sooo... how much?
'01 A6 2.7TT 6MT  |  '81 Rabbit S 16VG60   |  '15 Touareg TDI R-Line   |   '96 YZF750R

AirCooledRules

• Salmon S3X Pink Metallic
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 17, 11:50 »
Yeah how mich
Kiełbasa > Kolbasz

jesse.rick.3

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 17, 18:49 »
It says 1500$ guys

AirCooledRules

• Salmon S3X Pink Metallic
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 17, 19:30 »
It says that now, it didn't say that before
Kiełbasa > Kolbasz

SLEEPER

« Reply #5 on: Jul 27, 17, 23:21 »
You got my attention.  Can you please call or text me, 778-227-7442  Parm

okanagandad

« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 18, 00:15 »
This ad ended last Summer; still available?

T~Roc

• Creeksdide Crew
« Reply #7 on: Jul 07, 18, 08:34 »
Just edited the ad to show link

Was again thinking to work on it, but decided against.

Put back on sale in the past spring

Thanks
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW -- What a Ride!"

tumyeto

« Reply #8 on: Jul 09, 18, 00:44 »

T~Roc

• Creeksdide Crew
« Reply #9 on: Jul 21, 18, 09:29 »
Your car is featured on Vortex right now

https://www.vwvortex.com/news/ratty-rescue-choose-adventure-gti/

Thanks for that.
Never knew.
Just drove down to Vancouver to leave papers for a buyer. Find out Monday on whether he'll take her.
One condition is that he takes me for a ride once running :)

T~Roc

• Creeksdide Crew
« Reply #10 on: Jan 14, 19, 08:19 »
2019 bump