Author Topic: The NON-Stanced picture thread - For the Motorsport enthusiast  (Read 23304 times)

Stephan Schmidt

I've been lurking for a little while.. :P

The Jeep's in hibernation right now, so offroading is kind of at the back of my mind. I like not breaking down in the middle of god knows where. :toothy:

Noob, not newb - I didn't know they were the same thing! :lol:

People keep on posting these off road machines which clearly don't fit in this thread!

Myrica

• Red.
Noob, not newb - I didn't know they were the same thing! :lol:

People keep on posting these off road machines which clearly don't fit in this thread!

Hmm, back to keeping my head down and learning! Sorry!
2003 Wolfsburg Jetta - APR Stage 2
2018 Golf R on order <3
IG @_myrica

Stephan Schmidt

Hmm, back to keeping my head down and learning! Sorry!

No no, don't take it that way :)

Lets just keep this thread in the spirit of motorsport themed cars! Cars that you can truly drive to their limits with suspension, brakes, and power that all function as they should!

Myrica

• Red.
No no, don't take it that way :)

Lets just keep this thread in the spirit of motorsport themed cars! Cars that you can truly drive to their limits with suspension, brakes, and power that all function as they should!

Not taking it badly, it's okay! I guess I could have thought a little more carefully about the 'motorsport' thing.  ;)
2003 Wolfsburg Jetta - APR Stage 2
2018 Golf R on order <3
IG @_myrica

RyanAnthony

Is this thread for pictures found on tthe Internet or vehicles your own? If you want it to stay motorsports maybe you shouldn't post a pic of your "beater" which may look to some as a reason to post their car on lowering springs  and stock sized wheels.

kids now want to have the hellafrush looked with stretched tires that totally throw off speedo's and mileage tracking. They don't care about ride quality and fuel economy. - Vangruver

Stephan Schmidt

My little 1998 Golf GL has embarrassed quite a few powerful cars with its only mods being suspension, upgraded brake pads, and lightweight wheels with sticky tires.

Either way, Post up what you have in your garage or what others have done (drag, Autocross, hillclimb, roadrace, or just a daily driver with a motorsport themed build)! Any make/model welcomed!

Ryan, I THINK this is what I posted ;)

My car's mods are all carried out with lightweight reduction in unsprung weight and crisp handling in mind.  I would agree that most motorsport themed vehicles would have similar traits, yes?

I didn't say post only race cars....unless I missed something???? :(

« Last Edit: Dec 05, 13, 13:00 by Stephan Schmidt »

Stephan Schmidt

A local great!

RyanAnthony

I just see this turning into a thread for people cars who are not stanced, only because they haven't bought those sick aggressive wheels yet, then call it for Motorsport. In the end left with a "show us a recent pic of your mildly stock and non stanced car thread"

But then wouldn't 4x4/ offroading fit into a Motorsport ?

Not hating on this thread, just trying to help it stay on topic
kids now want to have the hellafrush looked with stretched tires that totally throw off speedo's and mileage tracking. They don't care about ride quality and fuel economy. - Vangruver

Stephan Schmidt

Yes, lets keep in on topic.

Everyone has a different opinion on what counts.  But, from the majority of the pictures submitted in this post, you can see that we are mostly posting pictures of other people's cars we've found on the internet. 

If you have a car you are building that has a motorsport theme or build to it, post it up!  We aren't expecting everyone to post a racecar (look through the thread again - majority of the cars posted are street cars).  Some cars might not be finished yet, but thats ok!  You enjoy adding components to your vehicle that make it perform better than before and this is the name of the motorsport game!

Offroading is NOT motorsport.

Continue!

Stephan Schmidt

More:

PERFECT!

« Last Edit: Dec 05, 13, 13:29 by Stephan Schmidt »

RyanAnthony

Stephan Schmidt

mmm, porsche :D

RyanAnthony

Blue Flame

• OG in hiding
    • Oil For Good
I want that slantnose. badly.

I'll post pics of my M3 when i'm back on my phone. I think it fits what you're looking for.
Oil For Good

RyanAnthony

That side exhaust!

Stephan Schmidt

Parts

• My lawn. You. Off it.
  • Professional driver, closed course. Do not attempt
No such thing as spare time, no such thing as free time, no such thing as down time. All you got is life time.
Go.

Stephan Schmidt

No?

I stand corrected with my narrow mind!

RyanAnthony

« Last Edit: Dec 05, 13, 14:09 by RyanAnthony »