The shop has been swamped, but we were able to get the Q5 back in and mock up some pieces. We ended up cutting the B8 trunk mount and flipping it on its back. Then we ordered two EXO mount plates and positioned them so that the compressors will sit sideways. This will give us enough clearance that everything will fit under the floor as it is intended to with the Accuair B8 kit, and the spare tire, subwoofer, and amp are all still undisturbed.
Here it is mocked up. We wanted it to be all one piece so it would be easier to remove when the battery dies, or if we need to take it out for any other reason. So we had our friend Mark weld it together for us.
Here it is welded up. Looks pretty stealth. It's a shame you pretty much will never see it once everything is finished.
Trav mounting the compressors to measure the air lines from the compressor to the T fitting that Accuair supplies. The compressors come with a pretty long air line, so we'll get it shortened so it looks good.
Here it is in the trunk mocked up.