Author Topic: Request for Corrado G60 recommendations  (Read 151 times)

T~Roc

• Creeksdide Crew
Request for Corrado G60 recommendations
« on: Jun 03, 19, 18:51 »
Friend heard me talking about wires, and offered me a set of cables he had in his garage.
They're called prestolite with ProConnect and are a fairly thick cable (Class E) and say "silicone magnetic suppression cable" on them.

He's offered them for $30, but I've always used Bosch.
What's your recommended cables, keeping in mind I'm going to stay pretty well stock anyways.

Spark plugs?
One friend was saying NGK B8ES copper plugs work well, are cheap enough to replace every other oil change.
I've used the OE Bosch ones exclusively for all my ownership.
Way more expensive, but that's what I've always used.

Engine mounts? (front one is showing some play now, did rear last summer)
Also wondering what the "repair" for Corrado's crappy wipers.
Is there a certain wiper arm that works best?

Thanks

T
« Last Edit: Jun 03, 19, 20:15 by T~Roc »
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW -- What a Ride!"

velvito

• 1991 Corrado OBDII VR6T
Re: Request for Corrado G60 recommendations
« Reply #1 on: Jun 12, 19, 07:56 »
If you are unsure about the cables, just use what you know will work; Bosch.  I use NGK blue cables and they work great too however.

Plugs, I use NGK for my VR turbo app and they have been working great also.  I think mine are BKR7E with a tighter gap because of turbo setup.  Otherwise, I think they should be good to use with factory gap.

Wipers arms, I don't use mine often but what's wrong with your wiper arms?  Are they the correct ones for the car?
« Last Edit: Jun 13, 19, 08:23 by velvito »
|Dubs for life|

T~Roc

• Creeksdide Crew
Re: Request for Corrado G60 recommendations
« Reply #2 on: Jun 15, 19, 11:06 »
Wipers arms, I don't use mine often but what's wrong with your wiper arms?  Are they the correct ones for the car?

My wiper arms don't seem to give good pressure to the blades to stay tight to the windshield. Have heard many comment of the same. So wondered what others have done to rectify this. Read a few different work-arounds, so thought to ask here on the forum.

Thanks
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW -- What a Ride!"