Author Topic: Can I borrow your ISV for 5 minutes?  (Read 609 times)

kerobert

• Performax Health Group
Can I borrow your ISV for 5 minutes?
« on: Jan 25, 18, 22:27 »
Long story short,
I have a G60 that likes to hang on idling at about 2000rpm or higher once the car is warm, when shifting out of a gear into neutral.

Things that have been swapped to try to fix this issue:
Changed ECU and running stock chip - Had the same issue with different G60 ECU and SNS chip
Changed ISV to a new one
All vacuum hoses have been changed by Mike and Ryan at CMC
Throttle body works perfectly
ISV reroute installed and no leaks.

The only way to return the idle to normal, is to clutch the engine into a lower gear, drop the rpms then it stays perfect.

Mike and Ryan suggested trying a ISV from a G60 that has no known issues with this to rule this out.

If you have an ISV removed from a G60  that you know had no issues, or if you have one currently in your car, I'd love to drop by, swap it in, test drive it and see what happens.

Feel free to text me at:

604-897-7554 or message me here.

Thanks Everyone for reading and helping out.

Robert
Robert Libbey RMT
Registered Massage Therapist
Triathlete

Autohau5

• Gasoline rainbow in the gutter
Re: Can I borrow your ISV for 5 minutes?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 18, 10:07 »
But you say youíve installed a new ISV...

Iíd make sure the idle screw is set properly and the o-ring isnít leaking before throwing anymore parts at it.
'01 A6 2.7TT 6MT  |  '81 Rabbit S 16VG60   |  '15 Touareg TDI R-Line   |    '04 Touareg V10 TDI    |   '96 YZF750R

kerobert

• Performax Health Group
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 18, 12:56 »
Yes, I replace the screw and O-ring a few years ago when It had the problem but changed nothing then.
Mike and Ryan have checked the screw and O-ring recently and they feel it is good.
Maybe I'll replace these again as they are cheap and easy to do and see if there is a change.
Robert Libbey RMT
Triathlete

Shinny

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 18, 09:29 »
Robert...little late on this reply but I had the exact same issue with my isv. I removed the ISV. Sprayed brake cleaner or carb cleaner inside of it and soaked it. Did this a few times and a bunch of black crap came out. Let it dry, reinstalled and itís good as new. I now do this on a regular basis,  but havenít driven my rado in a few years now lol..

kerobert

• Performax Health Group
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 18, 11:46 »
Hi, thanks so much for the suggestion.
This has been done and still have the issue.
It's actually been acting somewhat normal for the past few months.
I'll see how it does once it's back from the autobody shop after not being driven for a month.
I'll clean it out again regardless and see what happened.
Robert Libbey RMT
Triathlete

boomfunk

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 18, 16:18 »
Check to make sure the throttle body doesn't stick just before the lever touches the idle switch. Perhaps when you've got the car back from the body shop, drive down a side street and replicate the problem, jump out and by hand push the lever on the throttle body towards the idle switch.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

if that thing was any more sleeper it\'d be comatose

Shinny

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 18, 22:05 »
From my understanding the ISV is really just to keep the idle stable while the car is warming up. I had an issue with mine years ago and bypassed it. When I stopped at lights and the car wasnít warmed up I had keep my foot on the throttle so it wouldnít die. Maybe since itís warmer out now your isv isnít acting up as much because itís getting up to temps quicker .

Autohau5

• Gasoline rainbow in the gutter
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 18, 07:23 »
From my understanding the ISV is really just to keep the idle stable while the car is warming up. I had an issue with mine years ago and bypassed it. When I stopped at lights and the car wasnít warmed up I had keep my foot on the throttle so it wouldnít die. Maybe since itís warmer out now your isv isnít acting up as much because itís getting up to temps quicker .

ISV is active any time the throttle is closed (idle switch engaged). On the G60 it's also used for boost regulation.
'01 A6 2.7TT 6MT  |  '81 Rabbit S 16VG60   |  '15 Touareg TDI R-Line   |    '04 Touareg V10 TDI    |   '96 YZF750R

Shinny

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 18, 19:05 »
ISV is active any time the throttle is closed (idle switch engaged). On the G60 it's also used for boost regulation.

Why does the car run fine when the isv is unplugged or bypassed when the car is warm? Not doubting you , just trying to understand I more.