Author Topic: From China with Love #ProjectICreate  (Read 5125 times)

kujiwara

From China with Love #ProjectICreate
« on: Feb 07, 16, 16:48 »
Hey everyone, I'm 18 and moved alone to Vancouver from Calgary a few months ago to study at UBC. I'm missing the car scene back home so I decided to join you guys here. I've had a reflex silver 03 GLI since I was 14 and learned lots on it and had some big plans for it, but a lady ran a red light took me out on Dunbar street when I went on a Valentine's date with my girlfriend, I had all the parts for the build so I had to get another Jetta.

So this is my blue lagoon 04 GLI, me and my friends call it project ICREATE, why ICreate? Because I want to build it the way I want exactly. This has been my way of building cars since I could drive, my license plate is ICREATE which has been passed onto this Jetta from my last one. I do everything by myself or with my friends, only thing I don't do by myself is wheel mounting and wheel alignment.
Also hit black ice at UBC last month and spend 3 weeks fixing it on the side of the road with my friends.

I took this Jetta much further than I planned with the old car, partly because I had two Jettas at my dispolsal, but mainly because I was very emotional and still very attached to the old car when I built this car last summer. I swapped almost every single bolt and part from old to the new car even if I can't see it after car is put back together.

Some of you guys may know me on instagram and eurodrivers.ca as @kujiwara, if you haven't you can check out the whole build there too.

Enough chit chat I could talk about it for days, but here are the specs.

Engine:
2006 Audi TT MK1 3.2 VR6 BHE(aka the best of the 3.2 among the 3.2 gurus) bought from Calgary Autoworks
Combined BDF/BHE harness
Full rebuild
Everything new
Full ARP hardware
Techtonics 264 Cams
BDF Ecu with United Motorsports 3.2 Cam Tune
Full 3inch exhaust with cat delete and magnaflow muffler and resonator
Modified TT intake box

Drivetrain:
2003 GLI 02M
Full rebuild
Wavetrac LSD
R32 flywheel and clutch
BFI Stage 2 engine and transmission mount
Autotech Dogbone mounts
42DD solid shift bushings
R32 short shifter
Oem 1.8T 02M hollow axles

Suspension/Brakes:
Bilstein PSS9
SPC Camber mounts
New Oem control arms
Wilwood 4-Piston forged calipers with two-piece rotors
Eurosport Subframe connector
Whiteline trailing arm bushings

Interior:
MK5 GLI steering wheel
R32 seats
R32 pedals
Skoda Octavia MK2 VRS shifter
Oem Navigation with bluetooth adapter
P3 car gauge cut and installed in center console
03 GLI leather door cards and armrest
C pillar bar
Cathedral style sunroof

Exterior:
Genuine Oettinger valences painted BMW Carbon black(very dark blue)
BBS CHR 19x8.5 ET30
Bridgestone Potenza RE11 235/35/19
Sparco Terra 16x7 ET35
Dunlop Wintersport 4D SP 205/55/16
FK LED Tails, VHT light tint
Oem HID replicas
Dad's Beijing license plate from our first car(vw jetta gtx) 18 years ago
Chinese Import VW dealer plate frame
FAW VW badge
.:GLI32 badge
Wrapped roof

Here are some pictures of both of my Jettas, let me know what you think in the comments. :toothy:

« Last Edit: Feb 07, 16, 17:03 by kujiwara »

aba16v

Re: From China with Love #ProjectICreate
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 16, 17:40 »
Awesome build and some great work! 

:rofl:

ttimmer

« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 16, 18:47 »
Followed  :thumbup:

kujiwara

« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 16, 16:41 »
Thanks guys! Do you guys have any experience with pgperformance? I'm thinking to get a carbon fibre hood from them

mikeonfire

• mk1's endangered species
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 16, 17:08 »
Paul at PG is a good guy I've been there 1 week now and still have lots to learn. I think you called us on friday, andrew should get back to you soon with whether we have it in stock or not. I've bought coils and spacers from them
92 Gti VR6
83 Coupe 2.0

kujiwara

« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 16, 17:31 »
Called pgperformance and eurogear usa today hopefully if nothing breaks again I can order a double sided carbon fibre hood at the end of the month!

Schmiesus

• Administrator
    • Dubberz
« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 16, 13:02 »
Wow I just found this. You've put a lot of work into both cars. Impressive sir.

germanstyle

• Global Moderator
  • Wheel Whore
« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 16, 13:59 »
Car has come a long ways, nice work.

I'd hold off on the carbon hood, I had one way back in 2005 when they were a little more mainstream and they just don't compare.  Mine was a $1500 one from DTM Auto in Cali and it still tore off the car one night on a highway run.
Toyota 4runner, Ram 3500

kujiwara

« Reply #8 on: Feb 17, 16, 18:49 »
Thanks guys! Do you guys know of any VW wreckers around vancouver? I'm looking for a replacement hood because the paint just looks horrible on it :no:

Stephan Schmidt

« Reply #9 on: Feb 17, 16, 19:34 »
Love this car and build!

kujiwara

« Reply #10 on: Feb 19, 16, 20:25 »

Something special came in from Russia today... Waited months for these bad boys, should I do white gauge with blue needles or stock blue gauge with red needles?

kujiwara

« Reply #11 on: Feb 25, 16, 10:22 »
Bought an originally $1200 VIS racing hood for $250 after weeks of searching, the state explains the price. Early birthday gift for myself and I'll be refinishing it asap. Any tips for this kind of job?

germanstyle

• Global Moderator
  • Wheel Whore
« Reply #12 on: Feb 25, 16, 10:31 »
Make sure you take their advice and use the hood pins...without them it will tear off for sure.
Toyota 4runner, Ram 3500

Blue Flame

• OG in hiding
    • Oil For Good
« Reply #13 on: Feb 25, 16, 13:58 »
Make sure you take their advice and use the hood pins...without them it will tear off for sure.

100x this.
Oil For Good

kujiwara

« Reply #14 on: Feb 25, 16, 23:26 »
Yeah for sure guys, I've been looking at hood pin options for the past few days and haven't really found one I like yet. Smoothed out the hood completely today, looking good, need to remove a little more yellowing then should be ready for first coat of paint. I'll upload some pics of the process after I finish sanding!

kujiwara

« Reply #15 on: Mar 04, 16, 11:06 »
Just installed these Silver Project camber plates to retire the SPC mount for various reasons.
First of all these are almost the exact same as ground control ones, yet costs $150usd shipped from Poland, I don't think a piece of metal like this should cost anymore than this price and I've only seen good feedback about this brand. In contrast tthe SPC mounts were 200usd.
Secondly these get more camber and lowers the car just a little bit, every bit helps when you're riding PSS9 lol
Finally, I expected these to ride harsh but they ride totally normal.
They probably need to be lubricated every so often but it's just a matter of squirting a bit of gun oil for me. I'm interested in seeing how long they last but they look pretty high quality and the reviews are all positive.

kujiwara

« Reply #16 on: Mar 04, 16, 20:26 »
Many many hours of sanding and painting later... Still need to smooth it and put a few more layers of clear over but it's looking much better than before.

kujiwara

« Reply #17 on: Mar 05, 16, 13:45 »
Put these in, white gauge face LEDs are next on the list, the needles are a pain in the ass to change colour rn so I'll leave that until summer.