Author Topic: What did you do to your Audi today?  (Read 50693 times)

William

• Testers
Re: What did you do to your Audi today?
« Reply #500 on: Nov 08, 15, 22:53 »
Sucks about the rust.

Exactly, we don't make warranty work, we fix it when it comes. Best bet, drivethe car untill the MIl comes on. If your confident you have a good service record and can claim extended warranty, why bother running with the hassle? If you feel you have a basis to claim warranty work now, why wouldn't you have a case when it detonates. If you know what the issue is....it would be like having extended coverage on VR6 chains. Why sweat tensioners when you can get a new head out of it.

This isn't just VAG. One of our techs pulled the pan on a caravan recently after scanning and finding a torque converter fault. Metal shavings in pan. Told the customer to take the van to Chrysler for repair. MIL was off and no further codes found, im currently trying to figure out what to do with the large bill and the customer is short a tranny. I know that tranny is shot. But Chrysler isn't going to just rip it apart.

'93 Si. - VTEC Purgatory

Ghizer

« Reply #501 on: Nov 09, 15, 08:40 »
As I said before manufacturers want to wait to see if the failure will happen after the warrant expires. I am sure this is well calculated...planned obsolescence. I think they want to sell new cars, proprietary parts and do oil changes. If they have to do a major repair and charge twice the rate of an independent shop that's OK too.
68 Karmann Ghia - mid engine VR6 turbo - GT35, C2 stage3, C2 9:1 CR Plate, Autotech 262 cams, Bosch 42lb injectors, CX intercooler, LS Diff.

Wolfsburgs Finest

« Reply #502 on: Nov 09, 15, 09:39 »
I'll try connecting the old pump...that should set off a couple of codes! As for fixing the car vs. just waiting...what you're suggesting makes total sense. My issue is that I commute every day on the freeway with a young kid so roadside breakdowns aren't great. Last year I had an Escape that died on a 3 lane uphill section of the highway. Getting over from the outside lane to the shoulder was a code brown type situation. I'm trying to avoid a repeat of that. Anyways, enough of my whining...let's get back to people doing cool stuff to their Audi!

Audidoodi

« Reply #503 on: Jul 18, 16, 18:30 »
Finally got around to tearing into my suspension rebuild on the UrS6 this past weekend. Starting with the rear suspension for now. Plan is to drop the rear subframe. Spent the weekend fighting rusted and seized fasteners. Definitely going to be considering stainless hardware for some of the rusted ass bits. Finally got everything loose. Next step is to drop the subframe. Hopefully, I didn't forget anything. Entire rear-end will be Apikol parts and bushings. Putting in Bilstein Sports and H&R 29800's which should give me a modest drop.
1996 Audi UrS6 - The Ongoing Project (Samco Boost Hoses, VVME 4300K 35W HIDs, TFSI Coil Conversion, Apikol Diff. Mount, Apikol/Poly Rear Subframe + Rear End Bushings, HPR Motor and Trans mounts, Bilstein Sports + H&R 29800s, Avid.1 AV-20 18x8.5 wheels, Conti DWS06 tires)
2017 VW Golf Sportwagen 1.8T - Family Wagen
1986 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red (SOLD)

Audidoodi

« Reply #504 on: Aug 29, 16, 20:39 »
Subframe dropped, Foremost Rear Trap Arm Bushings replaced with poly bushings, Apikol Poly Rear Diff. Mount mocked up for install tomorrow, Started busting out the rear subframe bushings to make place for the Apikol Poly bushings. Couple more parts on order from VM Autohaus. Slow and steady.
1996 Audi UrS6 - The Ongoing Project (Samco Boost Hoses, VVME 4300K 35W HIDs, TFSI Coil Conversion, Apikol Diff. Mount, Apikol/Poly Rear Subframe + Rear End Bushings, HPR Motor and Trans mounts, Bilstein Sports + H&R 29800s, Avid.1 AV-20 18x8.5 wheels, Conti DWS06 tires)

john2353

« Reply #505 on: Sep 24, 16, 19:56 »
it happens ........i guess....................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :huh:

Audidoodi

« Reply #506 on: May 29, 17, 21:54 »
Finally wrapping up my rear end. Got a hand from a buddy this weekend to get my rear subframe back on the car. Really happy with the Apikol bushings and Diff. Mount. Refreshed other bushings with OEM. New Parking Brake cables, rebuilt both rear calipers, regreased the rear driveshaft-to-differential flange. Just need to torque it all down, reattach the brake lines, and reinstall the diff. flange. Then, onwards to the front end.

Life really gets away from you when you have a little one.

83RedRoc

« Reply #507 on: Jun 23, 17, 14:25 »

Few days ago but installed the Sport seats F/R into my B5.

Damn they are nice.   no more unsupported flat bolters and ripped pleather.

$teady$upreme

« Reply #508 on: Aug 01, 17, 14:54 »
looks good

qwertyJr

« Reply #509 on: Aug 01, 17, 22:35 »
Those are my all-time favourite seats.. I miss sitting in them.
"You crazy kids, live a little. Sprint to blue, grab some porcelain. Play in the Alpine, Go to Mars. Get sucked up in a Tornado, Join the Navy. Eat some Imola and taste the rainbow"

Audidoodi

« Reply #510 on: Aug 02, 17, 08:00 »
Looks great.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk