Author Topic: Quattro GmbH Leaked info  (Read 4373 times)

yvrnycracer

• Testers
  • thuper
Quattro GmbH Leaked info
« on: Oct 12, 12, 14:15 »
This info was leaked on a european RS6 forum. Details are a bit vague but it gives you an idea about what is in the pipeline for the RS models

Dear Friends,

as a tribute to 10 years RS6.COM, here are some answers...

- the upcoming 3rd Audi RS 6 generation will only be available as estate wagon aka. the Avant.

- due to missing marketing opportunities, the Audi RS 6 Avant will not be offered in the USA

- there will be a Audi RS 7, sharing the drive concept with the Audi RS 6 Avant

- the Audi RS 7 WILL BE OFFERED in the USA

- the Audi RS 7 will be introduced first

- interested in seeing the Audi RS 7 live? Get your NAIAS Tickets now

- 0-100 km/h < 4.0 sec

Last but not least, it is in consideration to make all options available to the US Market. This would include the Ceramic Brakes as well as the revised speed limiter, Wheel options (up to 21") etc.

Technical details, numbers are a no no... please understand. ...but you will not be disappointed.

Qisha

PS: the Audi RS 5 Convertible is on schedule for the US Market as well

PPS: please note the chances for a Audi RS 6 Avant limited Edition ( 500 ) for the US Market has never been better than today. BUT AoA needs to hear you!

Will be interesting to see what comes of this. Excited to see what the powerplant will be!
Automotive Industry

AudiFan6

• VAC/Abby Thug
Re: Quattro GmbH Leaked info
« Reply #1 on: Oct 12, 12, 14:45 »
RS7, thats gonna be a stylish car. and same i wonder what they will do for a powerplant, i doubt this and really hope they dont just throw the S8 4.0T into these and say there RS cars. v10 is prob out of the question, so question is how much displacement will they go with on this as im 80% sure to be expecting a forced induction set-up (prob bi-turbo)
2004 Audi B6 S4 [Oettinger Body-kit] [KW V3'S] [19X9 Bentley Continental Wheels] [Stoptech St-40] [JHM Trio Package Short Shift] [Fast Intentions 2.5 DP's] [Fast Intentions 2.5 Exhaust] [Valeo Bi-Xenon Ecode Headlights] [RS4 Pressure Plate] [JHM Stage 4 Clutch] [034 LWFW] [JHM 10mm Intake Spacers]-"Buying a used B6/7 S4 is like playing Russian roulette"

yvrnycracer

• Testers
  • thuper
« Reply #2 on: Oct 12, 12, 14:55 »
RS7, thats gonna be a stylish car. and same i wonder what they will do for a powerplant, i doubt this and really hope they dont just throw the S8 4.0T into these and say there RS cars. v10 is prob out of the question, so question is how much displacement will they go with on this as im 80% sure to be expecting a forced induction set-up (prob bi-turbo)

wouldn't be surprised if it was a tweaked V10TFSI (same way the did the RS4/5).

The S8 motor from what I understand has different internals that the motor found in the S6/7 so it could potentially take slightly larger turbos although sub 4 second 0-60 is going to require some hefty power for a car of that size/weight.

I just want to know how it will compare to the E/CLS 63 setup in price/power/options.
Automotive Industry

AudiFan6

• VAC/Abby Thug
« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 12, 15:51 »
wouldn't be surprised if it was a tweaked V10TFSI (same way the did the RS4/5).

The S8 motor from what I understand has different internals that the motor found in the S6/7 so it could potentially take slightly larger turbos although sub 4 second 0-60 is going to require some hefty power for a car of that size/weight.

I just want to know how it will compare to the E/CLS 63 setup in price/power/options.

So ur thinking they will keep the v10T from the previous RS6 and just tweak it? I think thats there best bet also if they dont want to fully engineer a new motor, but i think they really need to impress with this one, the old gen was 2-heavy and like u said the new 63 cars and M5 have some serious powerplants.

btw heres a video on the S8, supposedly also has bigger turbos and can run 0-60 in 3.9 without launch control or DSG tranny.  :suspicious:

I just want Audi to make something truly special again like the B5 RS4s, not just something in the market to have something there. :'(
« Last Edit: Oct 12, 12, 15:52 by AudiFan6 »
2004 Audi B6 S4 [Oettinger Body-kit] [KW V3'S] [19X9 Bentley Continental Wheels] [Stoptech St-40] [JHM Trio Package Short Shift] [Fast Intentions 2.5 DP's] [Fast Intentions 2.5 Exhaust] [Valeo Bi-Xenon Ecode Headlights] [RS4 Pressure Plate] [JHM Stage 4 Clutch] [034 LWFW] [JHM 10mm Intake Spacers]-"Buying a used B6/7 S4 is like playing Russian roulette"

NCabbyT

Quattro GmbH Leaked info
« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 12, 17:27 »
Basically something accessible would be nice... Sub $80k? 

yvrnycracer

• Testers
  • thuper
« Reply #5 on: Oct 13, 12, 02:23 »
Basically something accessible would be nice... Sub $80k? 

Sub 80 pre-tax and fees your best bet is the rs5 or TT-RS. Audi Canada has yet to put the s6/7 in their configuration but I would guess those would start in the 80's although some US guys are trading in their s4's for s6's so they may be in the high 70's
Automotive Industry

germanspec

« Reply #6 on: Oct 14, 12, 03:25 »
I am sure that it will be a tweaked 4.0TT......there is no chance of a V10 with todays eco climate in Europe and North America. I would say that they will be gunning for the same output as the last gen RS6 but with a lighter package, DSG and better fuel economy.

AudiFan6

• VAC/Abby Thug
« Reply #7 on: Oct 15, 12, 10:17 »
I am sure that it will be a tweaked 4.0TT......there is no chance of a V10 with todays eco climate in Europe and North America. I would say that they will be gunning for the same output as the last gen RS6 but with a lighter package, DSG and better fuel economy.

ya so S8 motor with probably more boost, or even bigger turbos. and idk about the no chance. they still went N/A on the Rs5 and managed descent fuel economy by gearing the DSG acordingly. i think they could get some descent economy out of the V10T, if they do decide to go that route. and ya sub 80k for a Rs6 or Rs7 isnt gonna happen, prob both over 100k american.

yvrnycracer

• Testers
  • thuper
« Reply #8 on: Oct 15, 12, 14:12 »

I beg to differ, considering audi put the 4.2L V8 into both the RS4 and the RS5 there is no reason why they wouldn't toss a tweaked V10TFSI in there.

This is one site is predicting...

The latest news from Ingolstadt is that the 2013 Audi RS6 will be unveiled with the new twin-turbo 4.0 liter V8, uprated from the S6, S7 and S8 models. Autocar reports that the V8 unit could produce as much as 572bhp, just one extra horsepower over the C6 RS6. Torque is likely to be more than 516lb-ft.

If the reports prove to be true, the 572bhp rating will place the 2013 Audi RS6 above its nearest rival, the BMW M5 which features 560hp. It should also be able to give the Panamera Turbo S a run for itís money too! Expect Audiís quattro four-wheel drive system to play its part, along with an active rear differential.

Audi engineers have a choice between an eight-speed torque converter automatic gearbox or a newer seven-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox for the RS6. The RS6 is also expected to lose 100kg over the previous model thanks to use of aluminium and carbon fiber technologies!

Audi have been spotted testing the RS6 at the NŁrburgring recently. Expect to see it at Geneva next year!
Automotive Industry

AudiFan6

• VAC/Abby Thug
« Reply #9 on: Oct 30, 12, 13:55 »

Ya its prob gonna be this motor considerin how highly Audi under-rates it (ill let u watch and see they dyno it). and 0-60 is also phenomenal. Dont want to ruin the vid for ppl so watch and enjoy!

RONDAL

• Smurf Tamer
« Reply #10 on: Oct 30, 12, 18:22 »
wow i want that s8....run 11's all day long
TEAM HIGHSCHOOL
I find intelligence inhibits my ability to enjoy dubberz.  It's like playing chess at a go-fish tournament

yvrnycracer

• Testers
  • thuper
« Reply #11 on: Oct 31, 12, 18:03 »
wow i want that s8....run 11's all day long

with a little help there is no doubt it would be a 10 second car
Automotive Industry

NCabbyT

« Reply #12 on: Nov 01, 12, 13:41 »
I love how grossly overrated the power numbers are from BMW and grossly underrated they are from Audi.

AudiFan6

• VAC/Abby Thug
« Reply #13 on: Nov 01, 12, 13:47 »
I love how grossly overrated the power numbers are from BMW and grossly underrated they are from Audi.

ya that was deff the best part.

RONDAL

• Smurf Tamer
« Reply #14 on: Nov 01, 12, 15:46 »
agreed.
TEAM HIGHSCHOOL
I find intelligence inhibits my ability to enjoy dubberz.  It's like playing chess at a go-fish tournament