Author Topic: Project: Pandora  (Read 8535 times)

Oscar

Re: Project: Pandora
« Reply #20 on: Jan 05, 14, 21:18 »

rolled, bagged, stretched, poke are all words oscar is intimately familiar with

eurotrash

• Testers
  • lurker
« Reply #21 on: Jan 05, 14, 21:49 »
hot
2004.5 VW GLI | Platinum Gray
2003 Audi A4 Avant | Canvas Beige Metallic

ginch

« Reply #22 on: Jan 06, 14, 08:34 »
Looks great Todd!  Did you get the color matched door panels as well?  Also, is the wiring hooked up to allow the power bolsters to move with the S button?

Blue Flame

• OG in hiding
    • Oil For Good
« Reply #23 on: Jan 06, 14, 08:42 »
that looks incredible. very nicely done Todd.
Oil For Good

Oscar

« Reply #24 on: Jan 06, 14, 11:28 »
Thanks again gents!

Looks great Todd!  Did you get the color matched door panels as well?  Also, is the wiring hooked up to allow the power bolsters to move with the S button?

I have colour matched door cards, although they are missing some features, the handles are slightly different. Also my rear door cards have privacy screens where as the new ones don't. just need to finishing swapping a few things over still.
Unfortunately not, I have a few different coding things I need to try, but I'm not sure if anyone has been able to figure that out yet? I could be wrong?

Btw Derek, the catless exhaust is heavenly.....  Seriously amazing piece of work! And I thought the raw fuel smell would be over powering, but really not bad at all, once I hit rush hour today I will know more that's for sure! Also I feel that it would be very raspy without resonators, as it is now I've had a couple friends tell me it sounds like a racecar, a couple downshifts downtown last night seriously blew me away......  It sounds soOoooooooo good!
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 14, 17:57 by Oscar »

lu vr6

« Reply #25 on: Jan 08, 14, 00:18 »
This thing is looking incredible, spotted ya yesterday eastbound on 108th. I was actually talking about your interior with a friend and then he pointed at your car it was awesome! All this exhaust talk warrants a little soundclip, maybe a launch will do?

Oscar

« Reply #26 on: Jan 08, 14, 13:14 »
Thanks man! Been at PG last couple days trying to do some coding. Unfortunately I don't have any good recording equipment, and recording on my phone or even my dslr, isn't going to do it justice, I need to get in contact with the Box1 guys and see if we can set up a shoot, although probably won't be for a while, going to wait for some nicer weather. I have to pull the seats again, In my excitement of getting the interior in I forgot to swap the NA buckles, so I'm having some codes popping up.

4 Faults Found:

00591 - Seat Belt Switch; Driver (E24)
            007 - Short to Ground - MIL ON
00592 - Seat Belt Switch; Passenger (E25)
            010 - Open or Short to Plus - MIL ON
01579 - Signal for Seat Occupied Sensor; Front Passenger Side (G128)
            010 - Open or Short to Plus - MIL ON
01213 - Belt Tensioner Igniter; Rear Middle (N198)
            001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - MIL ON

Another issue is with swapping the rear bench out I had to change over the center buckle and latch. So that's Pretty much solves 3 of the 4 issues, with just having to swap the NA buckles over. The other fault is for a pressure plates/switch, after some research, and talking with Luke@plushautomotive, I've found that the bucket seats never came with pressure plates/switch and that the car is actually coded differently in Europe to take the airbag sensor from the belt input, rather then having weight on the seat.

Vag-com wiki;

0?3xxxx: Battery Seperating
        0 = without Battery Seperating
        4 = with Battery Seperating (4.2l V8 only / PR-TK7)
    0x3?xxx: Options'
        0 = with/without Belt Warning (PR-4UE+9P0/9P1)
        1 = Passenger Airbag with Key Switch / Belt Warning (PR-4UE+9P0/9P1)
        2 = Passenger Airbag with Seat Occupation Detection / Belt Warning (PR-4UB+9P5)
        3 = with Belt Warning (PR-4UE+9P3) OR Passenger Airbag with Seat Occupation Detection / Belt Warning (PR-4UB+9P3)
        4 = Passenger Airbag with Key Switch / Belt Warning (PR-4UF+9P3)
    0x3x?xx: Side Airbags
        6 = Front Side Airbags with Head Airbags (PR-4X3)
        7 = Front & Rear Side Airbags with Head Airbags (PR-4X4)
    0x3xx?x: Belt Inquiry
        0 = North America (USA/Canada) OR Rest of World (RoW): without Belt Inquiry (PR-9P0)
        1 = Rest of World (RoW): Belt Inquiry Driver's Side (PR-9P1)
        2 = Rest of World (RoW): Belt Inquiry Driver's & Passenger Side (PR-9P3)
    0x3xxx?: Belt Tensioner
        2 = Rest of World (RoW): Front Belt Tensioner
        2 = Rest of World (RoW) & Belt Inquiry (PR-9P1): Front & Rear Belt Tensioner
        7 = Rest of World (RoW) & Belt Inquiry (PR-9P0/9P3): Front & Rear Belt Tensioner
        7 = North America (USA/Canada)

Please keep in mind my car is an RS, so coding is slightly different to regular car, so please if you use this as a reference, do your own checks of the coding numbers! I am not responsible if you mess anything up!

I still need to pull the codes from my car, as I just found this info last night, but coding on my car is more then likely 0433627.  From the list above, if I change the values from 0xx3xx7, to 0xx1xx2. This would tell the car it's now looking for eurospec, and to not use the airbag signal from the pressure switch, rather get the input from the belt buckle. Also by putting the car into RoW, rather then North America/Canada, that would technically get rid of rear ignitor light? This is all theory in my head, but wanted to see if there are any vag-com guru's that could lend a hand!

Many thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: Jan 08, 14, 17:39 by Oscar »

silverbullet

• Velocity Upholstery
« Reply #27 on: Jan 09, 14, 10:21 »
That interior looks amazing!
2004 Jetta Variant 1.8T - Malone tune 250hp custom plaid interior, R32 wheel & pedals, 3" CTS DP w/ Miltek 2.5" catback, FK coilovers w/SPC camber plates, Audi TT drop spindles LCA's, H&R sway bars, VF engineering, filled notch hood, euro bumpers & taillights

www. velocity upholstery .com

CouchSurfer

• Testers
« Reply #28 on: Jan 09, 14, 16:51 »
Wow, those look amazing!

Oscar

« Reply #29 on: Jan 14, 14, 18:42 »
Appreciate the comments! Any Vagcom geniuses out there? from what I've found so far, it seems that my theory is correct, its just a matter of if Vagcom will take to the settings or not!

**Updated all Area's**

RONDAL

• Smurf Tamer
« Reply #30 on: Jan 15, 14, 09:50 »
looks hot
TEAM HIGHSCHOOL
I find intelligence inhibits my ability to enjoy dubberz.  It's like playing chess at a go-fish tournament

Oscar

« Reply #31 on: Jan 19, 14, 17:37 »
got the old old old macbook to fire up the other day and was looking through some photos, found these from leavenworth drive:

And I'm pretty sure this is from SpringUnsprung last year? Can you believe i got a photo with Benzeno's car!! OMG hes so dreamy!  :love:

« Last Edit: Jan 20, 14, 12:18 by Oscar »

Oscar

« Reply #32 on: Jun 19, 14, 07:21 »

gtiscirocco

« Reply #33 on: Jun 20, 14, 12:35 »
Those seats look awesome Todd  :thumbup:

lu vr6

« Reply #34 on: Jan 16, 15, 00:30 »
How's the coding coming
along? Wanna sell the car to me yet?

Oscar

« Reply #35 on: Jan 16, 15, 08:36 »
How's the coding coming
along? Wanna sell the car to me yet?
Haha coding all figured out, and everything functions except the bolsters, still having a few problems getting them to inflate when I push the "S" button, but then again I never use that button so not the biggest problem, and I'm able to inflate manually. Was actually going to ask if you wanted to sell me that touareg yet, I need a new daily! 😉

I'm getting excited for some nice weather, I need a 9k redline back in my life!

Oscar

« Reply #36 on: Jan 20, 15, 16:31 »

Schmiesus

• Administrator
    • Dubberz
« Reply #37 on: Jan 21, 15, 10:05 »
When you down shifted beside me during Spring unSprung oh man.

germanstyle

• Global Moderator
  • Wheel Whore
« Reply #38 on: Jan 21, 15, 10:54 »
When does some suspension finally go in?
Toyota 4runner, Ram 3500, BMW M3

Schmiesus

• Administrator
    • Dubberz
« Reply #39 on: Jan 21, 15, 11:42 »
When does some suspension finally go in?
#DONK4LIFE