Author Topic: Non-dealership Audi warranty certified shops?  (Read 586 times)

geForce

Non-dealership Audi warranty certified shops?
« on: Apr 21, 16, 15:46 »
Just got myself into a used 2013 A4.  It's only got around 18000 kms on it.  When I test drove it, the clutch seemed to engage really high up.  I read some reviews online and found that others had the same experience, so I wrote it off as normal.

I also asked the dealership if this was normal, and they told me that they rarely ever see manual transmission A4's anymore, so they don't have much to compare with.  They said the technicians checked out the car and everything was normal.  Not sure how thorough they can check the clutch though without opening it up.

Anyway, I bought the car anyway because manual tranny is indeed rare and hard to find and also it's still under warranty.

After a few weeks of driving though, I did notice the clutch doesn't quite feel right.

The dealership has already told me everything is normal.  I was wondering though - are there any non-dealership shops that are Audi warranty certified where I can bring it in for a second opinion?

germanstyle

• Global Moderator
  • Wheel Whore
Re: Non-dealership Audi warranty certified shops?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 16, 16:26 »
Ingo at IB Motors in Vancouver.  He's a factory trained VW/Audi tech and knows his stuff better than anyone else I've come across.

Toyota 4runner, Ram 3500 and no VAG products currently

geForce

« Reply #2 on: Apr 21, 16, 17:31 »
Thanks, I'll give him a try

Joker

• Global Moderator
  • Blood Spit and Tears
« Reply #3 on: Apr 22, 16, 13:10 »
Trav and RPI is also a factory trained VW/Audi tech.

But honeslty if the car is not functioning properly and its still under warranty take it to the dealer, If that dealer doesnt want to help, take it to another.
There's mulptiple Audi dealerships in the GVA.

Otherwise you're going to have to front any bill, and then try and get money back from VW Canada
.:Stage Awesome:.

germanstyle

• Global Moderator
  • Wheel Whore
« Reply #4 on: Apr 22, 16, 13:38 »
Trav and RPI is also a factory trained VW/Audi tech.

But honeslty if the car is not functioning properly and its still under warranty take it to the dealer, If that dealer doesnt want to help, take it to another.
There's mulptiple Audi dealerships in the GVA.

Otherwise you're going to have to front any bill, and then try and get money back from VW Canada

Most Audi techs can't find a problem unless it's obvious or is throwing a code.  Sometimes it's worth spending a couple bucks out of your own pocket for either piece of mind or to know what you're pushing the dealership for later on.
Toyota 4runner, Ram 3500 and no VAG products currently

dork

• Global Moderator
  • John Player Special
    • the dub allstars
« Reply #5 on: Apr 22, 16, 16:21 »
We've (RPI Equipped) done a couple clutches on those B8 A4's already. You very well could need a new clutch, but it's impossible to figure that out from reading text on a forum. You can bring it by the shop and we can check it out. You also could just not be used to the way these stupid new clutches work. Maybe it is normal like the dealer said.

As far as I know, there are no local "independents" that are Audi Certified as far as performing warranty work goes. AKA: You can't get free warranty work done anywhere but the dealer. Having said that. Good luck getting a dealer to warranty a clutch. They will make you approve the clutch job before taking everything apart, because on the chance that the clutch disc is worn out, or the flywheel is worn out, they won't cover it under warranty and you will be on the hook for the job. But if it is something like a throwout bearing or clutch fork, you may be covered by warranty (and they won't replace the clutch disc while they are in there unless you pay for it). I know this because I had a customer go through this on a manual transmission car. He had to sign a work order authorizing them to do the clutch job just in case it was not a warranty problem.

Clutches are like brakes. They are a wear item and not covered under warranty if they wear out. If your caliper gets seized, that's a warranty issue. But if you're just late braking into hwy off ramps they won't cover the brakes when they go at 15,000km. Same with doing launches or riding the clutch up Boundary Rd.
« Last Edit: Apr 22, 16, 16:24 by dork »
Creative Director | Dub Allstars co. / Videographer | The Box One Collective

www.theboxone.com