Author Topic: Ecu converting from automatic to manual? Help  (Read 810 times)

maddmike

Ecu converting from automatic to manual? Help
« on: Jan 22, 14, 23:33 »
Hey hoping some one out there can help me out I read it's possible to convert a ecu from a automatic to a manual but i have no experience with it and am wondering if anyone out there does? It's a chipped ecu for a 1999 aeb 1.8t Quattro auto and I need it to be for a 5 spd. If someone can point me in the right direction that would be great.
unicorn tears are the number one ingredient in black magic

83RedRoc

Re: Ecu converting from automatic to manual? Help
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 14, 19:16 »
Yes it is possible to do this, I just did it in fact.

You'll need to recode the ECU.  To do this you'll need Vag-Com or another VW specific cable that enables coding.  After that its quite a simple procedure to code it to a different value.

http://www.audiforums.com/forum/diy-do-yourself-55/diy-how-recode-ecu-use-your-car-181068/

SR-71

• Top post score!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 14, 10:10 »
Hey hoping some one out there can help me out I read it's possible to convert a ecu from a automatic to a manual but i have no experience with it and am wondering if anyone out there does? It's a chipped ecu for a 1999 aeb 1.8t Quattro auto and I need it to be for a 5 spd. If someone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Not all ECUs will take that programming but it's easy to try with Vag Com. Depends on the ECU revision and a the chip used.
DAS. Expect nothing.

Autohau5

• Gasoline rainbow in the gutter
« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 14, 19:02 »
Not all ECUs will take that programming but it's easy to try with Vag Com. Depends on the ECU revision and a the chip used.

This. The AEBs use 512kb chips which simply don't have enough room for the second set of maps.
'01 A6 2.7TT 6MT  |  '81 Rabbit S 16VG60   |  '16 Golf .:R   |   '05 S4  |  '96 YZF750R