Author Topic: B6 3.0L avant questions Please Help  (Read 911 times)

scepluka

B6 3.0L avant questions Please Help
« on: Dec 21, 13, 20:13 »
hey i just picked up a 2003 avant 3.0L, was wondering if there were any "simple" mods that could be done to increase power, ive only really heard of doing the exhaust and intake since there isnt any chips for this motor. ive read a few things about exhausts and think im interested in the magnaflow 14851 since it seems very afffordable and sounds clean and deep. any thoughts?

secondly my audio comes with the Bose Symphony sound system, i would like to replace my head unit with something newer that i can control and charge my iphone with. i was told that sometimes a new headunit can screw with the bose amp and cause noise or problems just wondering if that is actually true. also will swapping out the oem headunit for a double din screen lose me any sound quality?

Schmiesus

• Administrator
    • Dubberz
Re: B6 3.0L avant questions Please Help
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 13, 12:51 »
as far as performance goes I'm not sure.

However with your radio you would probably have to go the same route it did. The harness behind my deck is pretty impressive however it works flawlessly and plays nice with the bose amps.

Check these guys out
http://www.enfigcarstereo.com/

the surround they sold me for my car was a perfect match for the rest of the interior.

mithril

• Testers
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 13, 14:29 »
Pretty much nothing available to you in terms of performance mods, welcome to natural aspiration.  As for controlling your iPhone, check out the Audiovox Mediabridge.  Lots of diferent ways you can install it, gives you control and charging over your phone via the Symphony HU and provides bluetooth handsfree all without requiring hacking up harnesses or trying to make an aftermarket headunit play nicely with the Bose stereo.  Plug-n-play is always best.....
Dear Lord. If we give you Justine Bieber and Miley Cyrus, would you consider sending us back Dimebag Darrell?

yvrnycracer

• Testers
  • thuper
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 13, 15:18 »
JHM has a few parts and a tune, but frankly, don't waste your money since it won't do a heck of a lot.

http://jhmotorsports.com/shop/catalog/jhm-tuning-for-b6-a4-30l-v6-p-791.html?cPath=21_62_64_234_301

JHM also makes an exhaust and they are very performance minded so you know it will be well designed.

Also there MAY be a supercharger kit or two floating around out there for that motor.
Sales @ Mercedes-Benz Langley

scepluka

« Reply #4 on: Dec 25, 13, 16:02 »
wondering if i would lose sound quality if i replace the head unit out with a new pioneer 7' screen ? ive read mixed stories some people say its better if you swap out the head unit because you can tune the system better some people say swapping out the head unit can cause issues with the amp.

any experience here with the bose symphony ??

Schmiesus

• Administrator
    • Dubberz
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 14, 12:33 »
wondering if i would lose sound quality if i replace the head unit out with a new pioneer 7' screen ? ive read mixed stories some people say its better if you swap out the head unit because you can tune the system better some people say swapping out the head unit can cause issues with the amp.

any experience here with the bose symphony ??

My setup works flawlessly. Takes a bit setting up the EQ the biggest thing is the wiring with the bose. Goto that link i sent you above and get what you need. To make it work perfectly takes money its not a 40 kit from futureshop kind of deal.

83RedRoc

« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 14, 21:24 »
PES makes the G3 Supercharger kit for that engine,  and engine wise this is probably the only thing worth while,  price wise its not bad.

http://www.pes-tuning.com/

Oscar

« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 14, 12:50 »
JHM has a few parts and a tune, but frankly, don't waste your money since it won't do a heck of a lot.

http://jhmotorsports.com/shop/catalog/jhm-tuning-for-b6-a4-30l-v6-p-791.html?cPath=21_62_64_234_301

JHM also makes an exhaust and they are very performance minded so you know it will be well designed.

Also there MAY be a supercharger kit or two floating around out there for that motor.

Stay the eff away from PES! Company has been scamming people since the beginning of time!!

And Nick not true at all kick, JHM has some new products out for these cars, showing some real performance gains! Some of the videos I have seen actually shows them being faster then a stage 2 1.8T, which is really crazy consider this platform otherwise has been completely dead! I believe that they are only doing this with a software tune, transmission tune (for auto cars) and full exhaust! Awesome stuff!

http://audirevolution.net/forum/index.php?topic=2027.0

^ this is JHM development thread for the 3.0L

rolled, bagged, stretched, poke are all words oscar is intimately familiar with