Author Topic: WTB:Old school 14" mags  (Read 1098 times)

Scooby

WTB:Old school 14" mags
« on: May 12, 19, 19:58 »
Looking of a set of EARLY 80's 14" mags I can but on my 78 MK 1 with collectors plates.Pm me with pics.Thanks Rhuari

AirCooledRules

• Salmon S3X Pink Metallic
Re: WTB:Old school 14" mags
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 19, 20:02 »
BTW, you can run 15s with collector plates aswell.  Just in case you didn’t know that.
Kiełbasa > Kolbasz

Scooby

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 19, 21:32 »
the way I understood it was if your car came with 13" wheels you can only go 1"bigger and wider.Did I get that wrong?

AirCooledRules

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 19, 00:14 »
You can go 1” bigger then what was available on that model.  GTIs came with 14s so you can go 15”.

14s will look good but a 15” wheel will greatly open your options
Kiełbasa > Kolbasz

T~Roc

• Creeksdide Crew
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 19, 01:45 »
AirCooledRules is right.
Just got my Collector plates and was ok to increase wheel size by 1"
Wheels do have to be somewhat period correct, think within a few years but not positive.

Let's see a pic
Love them
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW -- What a Ride!"

Scooby

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 19, 22:26 »
My 80 GTI came with 13" factory mags.14"(snowflakes) were on the 83/83 GTI's.I am not sure who looks at the pics at ICBC and if they really know what they are looking at.I might have found a set of 14"Montreal rims that look like they would pass.

Scooby

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 19, 22:29 »
oh ya sorry it's a 78 MK 1 I am getting plates for ,sorry I should have said that.

AirCooledRules

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 19, 23:20 »
My 80 GTI came with 13" factory mags.14"(snowflakes) were on the 83/83 GTI's.I am not sure who looks at the pics at ICBC and if they really know what they are looking at.I might have found a set of 14"Montreal rims that look like they would pass.

I don’t think it matters.  Oldschooluser ( Miguel ) has 16” wheels on his collector plates 1987 Jetta coupe and no 1987 jetta coupe came with 15s.  The only cars with 15s was the 16v sedans. So I think you are fine with 15s
Kiełbasa > Kolbasz

T~Roc

• Creeksdide Crew
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 19, 10:22 »
Craig has some beautiful 15's for sale in this category right now.
Sweet wheels!
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW -- What a Ride!"

killerb09

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 19, 10:41 »
Would Snowflakes work?  It will be awhile but I have a set refinished in air craft black polymer with 185/65R14 tires I could let go cheeeply. 

Scooby

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 19, 16:44 »
ya my bro(Craig) does have a nice set for sale,but that price is a bit rich for me.Plus a just got a 79 GTI for cheaper then those wheels.And sorry no snow flakes for me(don't really like them).But pm me with a price.Might have to go that way,they are a little better then stock 13".

Scooby

« Reply #12 on: Jul 09, 19, 17:55 »
Thanks

newrideEra

« Reply #13 on: Jul 09, 19, 18:16 »
http://dubberz.com/forum/4x100-wheels/bbs-ra-400obo/

Old school enough  :suspicious:
they are 300 btw ^
« Last Edit: Jul 09, 19, 19:01 by newrideEra »

T~Roc

• Creeksdide Crew
« Reply #14 on: Jul 10, 19, 02:37 »
ya my bro(Craig) does have a nice set for sale,but that price is a bit rich for me.Plus a just got a 79 GTI for cheaper then those wheels.And sorry no snow flakes for me(don't really like them).But pm me with a price.Might have to go that way,they are a little better then stock 13".

Thought Craig's wheels were a bit rich myself.
When I'd seen he lowered his ask to $3000, I offered him $2000 and he keeps the rubber even though I shouldn't spend the $$
Thank God he said no, or I'd have probably bought them.
Have you sorted out wheels yet?
I have a buddy that seems to have good luck finding older Dub stuff that I could ask.

T~Roc

• Creeksdide Crew
« Reply #15 on: Jul 10, 19, 17:56 »

Know you didn't care for snowflakes, but these ones look alright.
Neat idea polishing them...

Back up for sale. $1400 FIRM. Will ship on buyer’s dime.
195/45/15 Federals
4x100 Fifteen52 Snowflakes (fully raw polished - not chrome)
OEM Tiguan centercaps.

g60syncro

« Reply #16 on: Jul 10, 19, 19:40 »
I’ve got these mid eighties Enkei’s (not entirely sure of the production year). They’re 14” x 6.5”. I could be coerced into selling them for the right price.  Let me know if you’re interested.

No time for the old in/out love. I've just come to read the metre.

Scooby

« Reply #17 on: Jul 12, 19, 23:07 »
So I ended up just going with the stock 13" 79 GTI wheels.That way there will be no trouble with ICBC and getting collectors plates.Thinking I will just put those wheels on the 79 GTI when it's time for collectors plates on that one.Then just go with what ever I want on the 78.But thanks for all the pics and info,I learned a bunch.Lets see what I bring to Great Canadian(anyone want to buy a bad ass VR6 rocco?)

T~Roc

• Creeksdide Crew
« Reply #18 on: Jul 13, 19, 12:00 »
So I ended up just going with the stock 13" 79 GTI wheels.That way there will be no trouble with ICBC and getting collectors plates.Thinking I will just put those wheels on the 79 GTI when it's time for collectors plates on that one.Then just go with what ever I want on the 78.But thanks for all the pics and info,I learned a bunch.Lets see what I bring to Great Canadian(anyone want to buy a bad ass VR6 rocco?)

Hopefully sea there, trying to get the time off work.
But might have a buddy...
Post a link to your pics if they're already on here.